Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: if you're going to start a new tracker...

Poster
    ...how will you make it "different" from the others? i mean, what will you do to make sure others will notice your site and sign up and use it on an almost everyday basis?

of course, there's the usual like fast pretimes... good speeds... etc. but others have added "extra flavors" like a no-ratio system (LeechBits) or "freebies" if a certain rls doesn't get uploaded in time (like Ft.N).

i know a bunch of guys who are planning on starting a tracker but since there's so many out there, i figured there must be SOMETHING that (majority of the) people want that hasn't been done or implemented yet.

fire away!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Ne'tu's Avatar Member BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    1. A good source (TBDEV) and an eye pleasing look (look at RSR, iPlay or FTN).
    2. Decent pretimes (in my case I wouldn't bother for a couple of hours)
    3. Good community
    4. Some nice packs + tracker own releases
    5. Freebies like FTN.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    aint there enough trackers already

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    apart from wht Ne'tu suggested

a group of uploaders with dedicated servers enuf to allow fast leeching.. unlike CT
    Thanks to aburyach,berserk1980,colterwood,Detale,Evandro,gamer4eva,RealitY,shamong,titana & Xsensei for their help.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    upload 150 new and good torrents..
    with uploaders with high upload speed..
    then open sign ups.. and put that the sign ops are open on every site

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Texan's Avatar I know you !!
    Iam already finding it difficult to keep track of my account on all the trackers i like

one suggestion though .. Get some good staff members who have great patience and who arent really stupid cough* like *what one cough* HDBits *staff * did * cough* . Attitude of staff members can play a great deal in making it success

Make them respect other trackers too , a healthy competition is good but flaming others and trying to destroy the image of other trackers would only do harm to itself.
    Dang !!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    make it a specialty site, if you want any success. the last thing needed is another general 0day tracker.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    hdooga's Avatar ANTI-TRADER BT Rep: +4
    open signups til you have 30000 users then close it for a year and let the 5000 best remain!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by hdooga View Post
    open signups til you have 30000 users then close it for a year and let the 5000 best remain!
    Now thats a good idea.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Backslash's Avatar you're dead BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    my tracker would be a comedy only tracker

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast