Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Games

any good games that will work on an old computer? (pnt 3 450mhz, 192 ram, 8 mb video card)

2. Games   -   #2
    i think pac man or space invaders would work, they are possibly one of the best games released for PC

3. Games   -   #3
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    some newish games will work on that as well, black and white, halflife and most of the mods, max payne, all the sims, etc etc, you might have to put the detail down to low though but at least you can still play the games.

My Pc isnt much better than yours, 650mhz pent 3, 192meg of ram, 8mb graphics card + its a laptop as well and all the above games work ok for me, some slow down but nothing to drastic, you wont have a hope of playing newer games though like C&C generals, as that it just unplayable and thats just on the menu screen.

Hope this helps, just think of games that were released a year or so ago, and you will be ok. Even jedi knight 2 and both the icewind dales worked on here with no problems.

stoi

4. Games   -   #4
    max payne cant work on your computer cuz u need a 16 mb video card. i tried black and white but it works way 2 slow.

5. Games   -   #5
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well i have to disagree with you on that one as i have completed max payne and have got black and white on here now and it runs fine on low detail, struggles on medium detail though. and they were or still are installed on my laptop, which is my main pc, i have 2 166mhz upstairs so i know that they work with my spec. they havnt got a hope on the ones upstairs though.

6. Games   -   #6
    well unreal turnament 1 req are

Pentium II 200 MHz, 32 MB RAM, Windows 95/98/NT4/2000, 3D accelerator, Windows-compatible sound card, 2x CD-ROM, and 120 MB hard-disk space.

I have it and the game owns.....and there is a leet mod for it Tactical Ops a game like Counter Strike

7. Games   -   #7
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    You should upgrade to a least a 32MB video card. A TNT2 should work okay for you, and they're pretty cheap these days. That would allow you to play most fairly recent games (like GTA3, Max Payne, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, etc.), though you'd probably have to lower the in-game display settings a little to get a good frame rate.

8. Games   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Full Throttle is an old favorite of mine.
    Also Quake 1, Doom, Return To Castle Wolfinstine 1, Myst (not realmyst), SimCity (first one),

btw you can also download an emulator for Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega, or one of the other old systems.. get some roms off kazaa and your set with alot of great games.

9. Games   -   #9
    play sum roms... you know those arent bad and they run well on p2...

well up to n64 romz run well on p2z...

-----------

you can get romz from my homepage... linkz on the bottom area

10. Games   -   #10
    TRshady
    Originally posted by Soul814@26 May 2003 - 20:21
    well up to n64 romz run well on p2z...

you can get romz from my homepage... linkz on the bottom area
    yeah roms, good suggestion mate.

Your wrong with the n64 thing though. They require at least 600mhz.
    GBA Roms won't work for you either.

My site has some sega roms though ...............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast