Thread: Problem With Playing A Movie

Poster
    I am using windows media player 8, I have installed k-lite codec pack and I can play most of the movies with the player.
    the movie is "blow"(described as "the recruit" though) which can't be watched in wmp 8 but can be watch in avi preview comes with k-lite. how could you explain it?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    I had a problem playing a movie I downloaded then I installed videolan and had no problem so you may want to try that?..........

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    yep true I've tried windvd , it works,forget wmp. thanks anyway

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Yeah u wanna stick with a player like 'videolan' or 'divxplayer' for downloaded movies, wmp9 is such an unruly beast u only have to blow on it and it starts playin up (ok for playing mp3s but thats about it, so i think). Just get the official Klite Codec pack and u should be sweet, and always use 'avipreview' for movies, so if a films video/audio looks outta sync try another copy, the amount of people who see a movie with audio outta sync and think its there codecs thats the problem (it aint), nine times out of ten its the way it was originally encoded!!!
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I cant understand why anyone would have a problem with any version of wmp but i use realone player my self and any file that don play (very few) i use wmp no probs

if a films video/audio looks outta sync try another copy, the amount of people who see a movie with audio outta sync and think its there codecs thats the problem (it aint), nine times out of ten its the way it was originally encoded!!!
    he's right you know, but there are still cavemen out there on 56kers