Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games 'make drivers go faster'

Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    More than a third of young drivers are more likely to go faster on the roads after playing on-screen driving games, a survey suggests. And 27% of motorists aged 16 to 24 admitted more risk-taking on the road after a gaming session.

A thousand drivers were questioned on behalf of driving school BSM.
    BSM's road safety consultant Robin Cummins said the results showed an 'indisputable' link between gaming and dangerous driving.

A quarter of drivers even said they imagine they are in a driving simulation game while driving for real - men are the worst offenders for this.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6410061.stm
    Screenshot: http://jobbie.games.googlepages.com/nfsmw.jpg

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Commercials are guilty as well , notice they have the old don't try this at home or stunt driver on a closed road . Zoom Zoom !

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    kinda true, it happens to me but not since i finished N4S:Carbon

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Commercials are guilty as well , notice they have the old don't try this at home or stunt driver on a closed road . Zoom Zoom !
    this is very true. Seems like every car commercial shows things you would never do with the car it's showing. That new Toyota Tundra commercial that I've seen a million times already stops just inches before the road ends and there's a huge cliff. yeah right.
    Last edited by backlash; 03-02-2007 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I thought this was going to be about video card drivers.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    I thought this was going to be about video card drivers.
    I thought so too at first.

As to the article, that is an interest link. I've been told that the Tampa Bay area is like rated among the top 10 most dangerous places to drive and as far as I can see - it is well earned. I've seen some really stupid shit on the roads and I maybe male and 19 yrs. old, but my common sense has me driving safe. Some people tho' just arn't smart I guess... Especially when it comes to putting distance between vehicles.
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 03-02-2007 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Forgot a word...haha
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    maxehhh's Avatar Downloader BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i thought the same, but then i read that and i think its happening to me too when i quit Top Spin 2...

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I don't know about this. Ive driven in all the GTA games for countless of hours and I never felt that this led me to be more reckless once i'm in driver seat of my own car. Maybe because i'm an aggressive (but safe) driver in the first place.

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    I don't know about this. Ive driven in all the GTA games for countless of hours and I never felt that this led me to be more reckless once i'm in driver seat of my own car. Maybe because i'm an aggressive (but safe) driver in the first place.
    Hmmm...aggressive, but safe. I like that, but I'd say I'm more defensive and safe. Tho' I do beleive in "filling the gaps" (speeding to catch up).
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    Hmmm...aggressive, but safe. I like that, but I'd say I'm more defensive and safe. Tho' I do beleive in "filling the gaps" (speeding to catch up).
    Yeah it is annoying when some drivers take their time in the speed lane. Causes irate drivers to go out of their way to overtake there4 more chances for accidents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast