Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you seed a download on another tracker?

Poster BT Rep: +3

Question Mark

Read about downloading the same release from one tracker and then seeding it on another one. Was wondering how you do this exactly with Utorrent.

<-

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Just download it from the other site and point it to the file then it will check to see if you have it and start seeding.They have to be the exact same filenames.

Hope that helps a little anyway.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    after you have the downloaded the file you have to upload it on another tracker like it was your file caus it is now and make sure your download location is right re check the file when it reaches 100% its ready to seed....hope this helps
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Ok, ill show you hope it helps. First, we have to make sure you have the exact same file. So compare, file names, and file sizes on the tracker you downloaded it from, and on the tracker you are going to upload it on.

Take for example...

Its the LOST torrent from Torrent Leech, And compare it with the torrent from lets say RevolutionTT, Same name and size.

Now you have the same torrent. Open Utorrent.
    Click "Download" torrent on the tracker RevTT, and do what you normally would do to download a torrent...

Once it loads, it should have something like...

And then....your torrent should be something like....
    Checking blah blah 4%...99% blah blah...

Normally, it will stop @ 99.9 % or 97.4%, as it has to download the NFO.s or w.e
    Once its 100%...Your ready to seed on another tracker

Hope u understand this 10 minute guide, sorry if its shit
    eee

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Great guide alba your 10 minute guide would of taking me 25 due to messing up about 30 different times.
    Last edited by deuce6000; 03-02-2007 at 09:43 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +2
    Do any sites dislike this practise - I am sure the likes of FTN and FSC object to this as it is uploading to another tracker - or is that a seperate issue.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dkra2004 View Post
    Do any sites dislike this practise - I am sure the likes of FTN and FSC object to this as it is uploading to another tracker - or is that a seperate issue.
    SCT ussually dislikes it if you take their files and Upload them to another tracker. However they take [B]Some{/B] of their files from other trackers anyways.

F*N I dont think really minds as long as you seed the files you get from them to 1:1. <<--- I beleive that is their beliefs I could be wrong.

Also on the client note: If you know the files are exactly the same you can click to bypass the whole checking the torrent to make sure they are the same. Put a check in the box ussually labeled "Skip Hash Check". The very worst if the files are not completely the same it will tell you there was an error then you know to just uncheck that box and run the hash check

BTW very nice tutorial with the snapshots above. You should make a whole series and sell em.
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 03-02-2007 at 06:35 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    i.dragonfly's Avatar -======//OvO BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Good tip, melvinmeow. Will try that next time - thanks!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Ligeia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Just to add something that is painfully obvious already:

Most trackers find it perfectly fine to seed a file on another tracker that you originally leeched from their tracker. Where they get upset is when you download from their tracker, then use their .torrent with their announce url to upload to another tracker.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post

BTW very nice tutorial with the snapshots above. You should make a whole series and sell em.
    Really? I re-read it, and was like...my god thats terrible..do people even understand it... . Anways, anyone else need a specific tutorial on something? i have a bit of time on my hands
    eee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast