Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St Anger

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Evil Fish were you able to complete your dl? I am having a difficult time find a sources for that file

2. Music   -   #22
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Never mind I finally got it to start, it took a while b/c this is a new file and not many people have it. I could only find 1 person that had it, now there's at least 2.

3. Music   -   #23
    I'll say this, I heard the first single today on the radio. "St. Anger"

Really heavy sound, but no guitar. There was no solo at all. I was dissapointed. (No shock there though)

They haven't had a really good album since "Justice"

Of course I'll buy the disc like I have every other one. We'll just have to wait and see if it's worth it.

4. Music   -   #24
    Poster
    yeah i heard it to on the Radio and i was like....WTF there are no riffs on the song

it is the same sound as SOAD but more faster, all i heard was drums.

and the lyrics sucked to, god damn i hope the rest of the record is better or i will not buy this New Metal shit

5. Music   -   #25
    freakydude's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by Evil Fish+27 May 2003 - 15:20--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Evil Fish @ 27 May 2003 - 15:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--freakydude@26 May 2003 - 19:40
    im getting it off of kazaa right now

downloaded

i dunno thought it was pretty good not the best though
    all of the ones on kazaa are extreme fakes. I feel sry for all of you who think you&#39;ve already heard it...

but don&#39;t worry, it premiers on mtv2 in less than 40 minutes so you will finally get to hear it [/b][/quote]
    yeah it was fake. i heard it on mtv2 and it was ok. nothing great or nothing. i hope the album will be better or this could be the end of metallica.

6. Music   -   #26
    I don&#39;t know whats wrong with you poseurs. the song fucking rocked and the lyrics were great. it didn&#39;t have a solo because the bridge was so fat, don&#39;t any of you people know about writing songs??

as for the video, at the time of the premier this morning there were only two people on kazaa that had it (including me) i&#39;ve now taken the liberty to send it to another person personally through aim and at leaste five people have downloaded it from me so it should be less rare by now.

yeah i heard it to on the Radio and i was like....WTF there are no riffs on the song

and the lyrics sucked to, god damn i hope the rest of the record is better or i will not buy this New Metal shit
    learn some fucking grammer dumb ass

7. Music   -   #27
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Evil Fish@27 May 2003 - 20:18
    I don&#39;t know whats wrong with you poseurs.&nbsp; the song fucking rocked and the lyrics were great.&nbsp; it didn&#39;t have a solo because the bridge was so fat, don&#39;t any of you people know about writing songs??
    With all due respect, I don&#39;t give a shit about how music is written. It has to be pleasing to my ears, and this song was average at best. I&#39;ll give praise when praise is due, and this song was disappointing.

Edit: The CD is still not out yet. If you are lucky, there might be a rip of this by the weekend.
    Proud member of MDS

8. Music   -   #28
    Originally posted by Evil Fish@27 May 2003 - 19:18
    I don&#39;t know whats wrong with you poseurs. the song fucking rocked and the lyrics were great. it didn&#39;t have a solo because the bridge was so fat, don&#39;t any of you people know about writing songs??

as for the video, at the time of the premier this morning there were only two people on kazaa that had it (including me) i&#39;ve now taken the liberty to send it to another person personally through aim and at leaste five people have downloaded it from me so it should be less rare by now.

learn some fucking grammer dumb ass
    Someone disagrees with you and you call them a dumbass?

As far as calling us posers, I was listening to Metallica before you were born, and this is not the Metallica that I grew up on. They have every right to change, just as I have every right to not buy the album.

But you being a dick because of a difference in opinon is uncalled for. If that&#39;s how you plan on living your life, good luck. I&#39;ll see you next time I order a Big Mac, because that&#39;s about the only you&#39;re going to be doing with that attitude.

9. Music   -   #29
    Originally posted by Jibbler+27 May 2003 - 20:08--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 27 May 2003 - 20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Evil Fish@27 May 2003 - 20:18
    With all due respect, I don&#39;t give a shit about how music is written. It has to be pleasing to my ears, and this song was average at best. I&#39;ll give praise when praise is due, and this song was disappointing.

Edit: The CD is still not out yet. If you are lucky, there might be a rip of this by the weekend. [/b][/quote]
    Right on.

10. Music   -   #30
    to a musicians ear the music was extremely pleasing. I can&#39;t understand why you would call it dissapointing, that just doesn&#39;t seem feesable. The music was extremely well composed the lyrics (though I&#39;m not a lyricist myself) were meaningful, not like the often cliche lyrics of bands like SOAD. I think not liking a song because it didn&#39;t meet every single picky criteria you set before it is very closed minded and by doing this you come off looking stubborn almost like you don&#39;t want to like the song.

I&#39;m a classically trained musician and i&#39;ve been offered scholorships to some of the best music schools in the world, it wont be me whos flippin burgers.

I didn&#39;t call him a dumb ass cuz he had a different opinion, I called him a dumb ass cuz he doesn&#39;t know how to speak english. "more faster" is incorrect.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast