Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Know This Is The Lounge But I Have A Huge Proble

I HAVE A HUGH PROBLEM!!!!!!!!! ok i have 256MB's of DDR RAM 2100 right? right so i want some more, and i got a 512 chip of DDR today. Ok everything seems cool now i come home and put it in my computer. Then i boot up into windows and check my computer properties. and it says i have 768MB's of RAM. Sweet i'm thinking. then i go to open kazaa and i get this error that says "ReadProcessMemory() failed" and i'm like NOOOO. So i uninstall kazaa lite and start downloading the same one again when i decide to listen to my winamp. I open it up and play a song and it's choppy. now whenever i play a song it either play's really fast or normal or is choppy or gives me some dumb error... and i can't play Vice City either PLEASE HELP IN ANY WAY YOU CAN!!!!!!! THANKS

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    see what happens with *just* the 512 chip in there

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i did and it works with just the 512 chip in there now what??????

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Forum Star
    I'm moving you to Hardwareworld, more "experts" overthere.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Try swiching the position of the ram modules. Try with the 512 in slot 0 and 256 in slot 1.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I not sure, but don't some motherboards require equal RAM chips? Like two 256's or two 512's.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@27 May 2003 - 23:34
    Did you reset CMOS and register the chip in your BIOS? You didn't say what your system was but win2k for sure needs the 512's registered to work properly and win98 may not use it at all. XP I'm not sure about Cause I've never used a single chip that large yet.
    DDR memory should be detected by your BIOS automaticaly. No need to reset the CMOS.

And Windows XP works fine with 512MB or more. In fact I have 1024 MB of DDR2700 - 333Mhz ram in my system.

Quote I found on a site:
    Windows XP Professional ------ For corporate users. Supports -> 2 processors, 4GB memory.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Bender@28 May 2003 - 03:14
    I'm moving you to Hardwareworld, more "experts" overthere.
    I would like to change "experts" into experts now, please.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I don't think you've mentioned what OS you're using, but if it's anything older than Win2000 this page might help...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;253912

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast