Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea vs F.C. Porto

jetje's Avatar former star
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jetje View Post

Well if tonight AZ beats Newcastle they will know how big the dutch competition actually is

4-2 and a dodgy penalty at that.
    Just the result we dutchies wanted, 2 away goals scored, it will be an easy match in Alkmaar to go through

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach View Post
    peerzy is a huge chelsea fan

go bayern

/me was there

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp

Just the result we dutchies wanted, 2 away goals scored, it will be an easy match in Alkmaar to go through

Just the result you wanted? Surely "you dutchies" would have rather had a win or a draw? I don't think Alkmaar are that good in defence to be quite so confident, their keeper is shite.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 03-09-2007 at 10:28 AM.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi

Just the result we dutchies wanted
    Of course it was and I like your thinking.

If Man United go out against Roma in the Champions League, I'm gonna say it's fantastic cos now we can concentrate on the Premiership.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    That result shows the quality of the Dutch league to be honest. They came 2nd last season in Holland whilst NUFC are mid-table no hopers.

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    That result shows the quality of the Dutch league to be honest. They came 2nd last season in Holland whilst NUFC are mid-table no hopers.
    They came second last year? They have the defence of a pub team.

===

In other sporting news, Wales getting pwned by Ireland, Scotchland and France - and probably by Italy this time tomorrow - is just what we Welshies wanted.

Lulling England into a false sense of security was so the aim of our Six Nations campaign this season.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    In holland we finish with play offs... Ajax amsterdam won the play offs, and by doing that they came in 2nd (forced by UEFA btw) and started in de pre Champions cup games.

AZ is a very easy scoring team. They will score at least 2 times in th return.
    And yes their defence was weak this game, the keeper is actually their 4th goalie. They have a hugh injury problem. The first three goallies are out because of that.

But you guys keep saying your competition is the best, how in the hell is it possible that Arsenal lost from PSV. Arsenal has a budget wich is 4 or 5 times that from PSV.

Newcastle has players that earn in a year as much as the whole budget they have in Alkmaar You have to see everything in a perspective.
    The Dutch league isn't that weak as you all think. Players from here can easily addept the level of play in the UK, see for example Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool) and Salamon Kalou (Chelsea) wich are both from Feyenoord that were 5th in the dutch league. But hey, you have the most expensive league for sure, so i guess it must be the strongest

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    you are all lucky that Ajax had a poor start...

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Do Ajax and PSV dominate the Dutch league in the same way that Rangers and Celtic dominate the Scotch league

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    nope they don't, however PSV is the strongest the last couple of years.
    A bit like you had man united, then a few seasons arsenal and now chelsea.
    It kinda come and goes.

But Ajax ended 4th in the regular season, but they were the luckiest in the play offs. Every season there are four or five teams competing for the top places. The traditional topteams are PSV, Ajax and Feyenoord and since a couple of years AZ (they have a rich chairman/sugar oncle!). And always there are one or two teams that make a great season like now FC Twente. The thing is that after one great season those teams can't keep their teams together and (need to) sell their biggest players and best talent to the traditional top teams or they're going abroad.

At the momen play 383 dutch players abroad and i won't say much about the players that started in the dutch league to play professional like Henke Larsson, salamon Kalou and lot of others:

VAN PERSIE, Robin Arsenal FC
    BOUMA, Wilfred Aston Villa
    OOIJER, André Blackburn Rovers
    KUIPERS, Michel Brighton & Hove Albion
    LOOVENS, Glenn Cardiff City
    REDAN, Iwan Cardiff City
    HASSELBAINK, Jimmy-Floyd Charlton Athletic
    BOULAHROUZ, Khalid Chelsea FC
    ROBBEN, Arjen Chelsea FC
    VAN DER MEYDE, Andy Everton
    JOHN, Collins Fulham FC
    UHLENBEEK, Gustaaf Halifax Town
    WILNIS, Fabian Ipswich Town
    BROUWER, Jordy Liverpool FC
    KUIJT, Dirk Liverpool FC
    ZENDEN, Boudewijn Liverpool FC
    VAN DER SAR, Edwin Manchester United
    BOATENG, George Middlesbrough
    KRUL, Tim Newcastle United
    COLIN, Jürgen Norwich City
    STAM, Stefan Oldham Athletic
    SEIP, Marcel Plymouth Argyle
    ACHTERBERG, John Tranmere Rovers
    MACDONALD, Sherjill West Bromwich Albion
    LANDZAAT, Denny Wigan Athletic
    DE ZEEUW, Arjan Wigan Athletic

From the current national team there play 9 players in the dutch league.
    It ain't that bad as people might think. There is just not so much money involved in football as in other countries.
    BTW i do think it is a blessing in disguise to not posses the greatest domestic league because it forces you to look for new talent within your coutry and gives you own lads a chance to prove yourself… in england how many english players play in the big four???…9? what concerns me is that the talent holland is exporting is not going to the elite clubs in europe at the same rate it did in the 90’s…landzaat to wigan… ooijer to blackburn… van der vaart to hamburg… these are mediocore clubs at best… But well Kuyt to Liverpool and van Persie to Arsenal levels that a bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast