Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dreamweaver or Notepad

I use and prefer Dreamweaver as it is convenient and user friendly. I laso have people do work for me and find that they have preference for Dreamweaver .

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    notepad2
    Another vote for Notepad2!

I am actually very choosy, depending on what I want to do:

Photoshop - Design
    Imageready - Convert to HTML
    Dreamweaver - Beautify & CSSifiy HTML
    Frontpage 2003 - For when you have to work with Tables, its the best
    Notepad2 - Tweaks, fixes and all the rest

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #33
    Magnum's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Notepad because you can't see your changes immediatly!!!

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #34
    helsing's Avatar überleetzor
    Dreamweaver, because you can choose either code or style view. So why would you need notepad?!
    Study Study Study!!!!!!!!!!

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #35
    RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Dreamweaver for sure

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #36
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I'm sure your opinions will be very helpful to him, it's only eight months or so since he posted, like.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #37
    helsing's Avatar überleetzor
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    I'm sure your opinions will be very helpful to him, it's only eight months or so since he posted, like.
    Maybe he's a slow learner
    Study Study Study!!!!!!!!!!

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #38
    For other people that might be viewing this with similar questions :

Just don't do DreamWeaver, it's not worth it, no WYSIWYG is, in fact if you do it you're basically the same as all the other people who don't know HTML/CSS/PHP/JS/Ajax/Whatever AT ALL. These programs to 'make life easier' for web designer's are the same ones that are putting us out of business. I COULD be a web designer and get paid upwards of 200bucks a PAGE, or they could pay someone who never had to learn shit, and only pick up a program that's easy to use 10bucks to do it. Which do you think will happen? Now I could lower my price to 10 bucks, but that's below standards, the point is, someone with no previous experience can do it, which is sad because HTML takes abuot an hour to learn. ~_~;

Notepad or another text editor is what the pros use.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #39
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrofyr View Post
    For other people that might be viewing this with similar questions :

Just don't do DreamWeaver, it's not worth it, no WYSIWYG is, in fact if you do it you're basically the same as all the other people who don't know HTML/CSS/PHP/JS/Ajax/Whatever AT ALL. These programs to 'make life easier' for web designer's are the same ones that are putting us out of business. I COULD be a web designer and get paid upwards of 200bucks a PAGE, or they could pay someone who never had to learn shit, and only pick up a program that's easy to use 10bucks to do it. Which do you think will happen? Now I could lower my price to 10 bucks, but that's below standards, the point is, someone with no previous experience can do it, which is sad because HTML takes abuot an hour to learn. ~_~;

Notepad or another text editor is what the pros use.
    Yeah, excellent argument that

"Anyone can make a good-looking website with dreamweaver, so you shouldn't use it"

=-=-

Now, a good argument against it might be that while it makes creating a site easier, it can make the code behind it look all screwy (assuming you rely on the designer mode), especially if you don't actually know what you are doing, which is why you ought to learn how to do things properly in code, before you start messing about with dragging and dropping, so you at least can sort out whatever mess gets put into the code.
    Last edited by Snee; 12-06-2007 at 03:28 PM.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #40
    Editpad Pro, definately! Best of both worlds

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast