Thread: Tmpgenc Svcd Problem

crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    I've asked this before but i dont think anyone replied.
    Ill tell you what it is, very briefly:
    I get the Divx and use VirtualDub to extract the audio and then TMPGEnc to make the 2 or 3 SVCD movie, but quite often the lips are off sync, and obviously its shit and unwatchable.
    I have seem guides to fix the audio in AVI files but it looks complicated as fuck.
    Does anyone know if its TMPGEnc fucking up the audio or is it the Divx file in the first place?
    If so whats the quickest way to fix the audio on it? On those guides it says use VDubMp3 or something to scan the file, but it goes thru at the normal rate, it will take ages to scan the file for errors !!!! fuck that !!!
    Anyone know anything?
    Any help is much appreciated peeps.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    sideous's Avatar Poster
    I had the same trouble making vcd's it's not TMPGEnc it's Virtualdub that has the problem.
    I use a program called Goldwave to extract and save the audio now and haven't had a film
    out of sinc since.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Thanks im downloading it now. Hope its easy to use, ill give it a go.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Try to keep the audio frequency the same when encoding. i.e. if the avi has an audio frequency of 44100 Hz, then keep it at that when you convert it to a VCD MPEG. I have had a similar problem whilst ripping and encoding DVD's to DIVX AVI, the DVD audio is 48000 Hz, i need to keep it at that when making it a dixv AVI otherwise the lip synch goes out.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    If it is out of sync for the whole movie just put some figures in audio gap either + or - 1000 etc.
    Encode small amount and check.

MIB2 was -4000 to put audio in sync.

If it goes out of sync some where in the movie check the AVI for errors or freeze frames which can also put you out of sync when encoding.

Cheers SMID