Thread: Wouldn't it be great if One did All !

Hi Guys

I was just thinking the other day that wouldn't it be great if there was one software (non-Norton) that did a good job of Anti-virus, Anti-Spyware, and a Firewall all in one.

This way we would not have to run 3 or 4 progams with all the hassle that that entails.

I would have thought that they were "similar" technologies and that if you could write one, you could probably write the other two.

Any comments ?

Regards

Digby

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    manofstyle's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Zone Alarm Security Suite, but I think the Antivirus is not as good as Avira.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post

Yep my choice as well I even turned off Giant to see if any ill effects , none I'v noticed .
    Last edited by peat moss; 03-08-2007 at 02:03 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    mcafee has it too, their security suite (correct me if the name is wrong), though i'm not such a great fan of those all in one packages. Give it a try, u might like it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    What digmen really needs to invent is a time machine

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Hey

I've already invented soap on a rope, keyboards without numeric keypads, round white boards, Coffee cup holders with handle, drink holders and now you want me to invent a security system !

It reminds me of the early 80's when I had an office equipment company, we used to sell printers, faxes and photocopiers for a few thousand dollars each. And we'd get the odd person coming in saying hey I want a copier, fax and printer all in one and it should be cheap too ! We used to say f!! off ! (we'd never make a profit) and now they (multi-functions) are everywhere and for only a few hundred bucks.

Regards

Digby
    Last edited by digmen1; 03-10-2007 at 12:57 AM. Reason: addition