Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Operating Systems

joeycod2k1
    So true Neil, so true

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Texallen@31 May 2003 - 05:55
    With a 90%+ market share Micro$oft doesn't have to make a decent OS. Wait'll they start their software "leasing" program. You'll have to pay for your OS every year.
    You're joking, right.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@30 May 2003 - 07:39
    XP always gets rave reviews from people when it's new to them.
    Then when it breaks down a few times, they change that to "you just have to respect it a little".
    Then about the 10th time it goes to shit, the truth finally strikes them, It is shit!
    Oh it's great for beginners and it's easy to install with no need for additional drivers and all, and it's a pretty feature rich OS but when you really need reliability, or compatability, XP just can't do it.

If it is as "rock solid and reliable" as some people claim, then why did they start a year after it's release to build a replacement for it?
    Longhorn! The next XP. Still in alpha and already almost as reliable and secure as XP.

Take my XP collection, just don't fuck wth my win2k and 9x disks!
    You're absolutely right Windows will never be rock solid It's developed by micro$oft.

but concidering my computer usage windows is all I have and XP is way better than other windows.

ok it's full of bugs burt does anyone remember win98 when it was first launched and win 98 se is a great improvement.

I realy love XPand am fully prepared for system crashouts and corruption , a regular ghost image of C: is essential I don't trust rollback enough not to have a Certain out in fatal situations

I am impressed with the easy access to several control options you have in XP and want more.

Like I said I have only had it a few weeks and everything seems to run as well or better than 98SE
    so when the shit does hit the fan I won't be suprised. like I said it's MS after all.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Poster
    Anyone tried xp pro corp with sp2. I'm using it but i've not heard anyone mention it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Originally posted by Neil__@1 June 2003 - 14:45
    it's MS after all.
    Whether people like it or not, Microsoft is the biggest OS developer in the world.

They are bound to make mistakes.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Look at me ........................need I say more. Free your mind, youll come around sooner or later.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Poster
    Originally posted by spudlover+1 June 2003 - 15:51--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spudlover @ 1 June 2003 - 15:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Neil__@1 June 2003 - 14:45
    it&#39;s MS after all.
    Whether people like it or not, Microsoft is the biggest OS developer in the world.

They are bound to make mistakes. [/b][/quote]
    All I can say is that windows XP 8in1 cd from sharereactor is the best value for money around.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345