Thread: w2k3 vectoral server question about multiple ips

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +5
    I got a vectoral server and it came with 3 ips. They setup the 3 ips in the tcp/ip settings already. I will have 3 total users. Do i need to do anything more to make sure each user gets their OWN ip? i'd like to set it so i asign each user the ip i choose... anyone can help much appreciated... thx

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    You technically could use the same ip for all 3 users.

Or just give the other 2 people their own ip that you dont give to the other 2.
    It should already be setup to work from any accounts on any of the 3 ips.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i dont want to have the same ip logging into sct and ftn at the sametime 3 times over.

the ip is manually configured but they entered 2 other ips under advanced tcp/ip settings. so, im guessing when a user logs in the server gives them a free ip?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    XceLi's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollin84 View Post
    i dont want to have the same ip logging into sct and ftn at the sametime 3 times over.

the ip is manually configured but they entered 2 other ips under advanced tcp/ip settings. so, im guessing when a user logs in the server gives them a free ip?
    I talked to F*N about this, they said its fine. They have some users sharing seedboxes with like 2-3 other people on there. Don't know what ScT's rules about sharing seedboxes are though.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by XceLi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollin84 View Post

I talked to F*N about this, they said its fine. They have some users sharing seedboxes with like 2-3 other people on there. Don't know what ScT's rules about sharing seedboxes are though.

i would hope they are smart enough to pull a whois and see its a server before banning...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    people share seedboxes all the time....most staff check before they ban....at least at FSC, we do

-if you need any help w/ your windows server hit me up...i dont know much but i do know some
    Proud Member of: