Thread: .zip.exe ?

Hi all.

I have a game need for speed 2 which is a zip.exe file. I cant extract it as its not an option and cant use isobuster. How do i use this file? When i double click on it also, it comes up with a blank .exe screen.

Probably sounds a bit lame!

2. Games   -   #2
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Try removing the ".exe" and double click on the .zip file, or open it with Winzip or Winrar.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Don't files with two extensions usually contain viruses? Hoping I'm wrong here....

4. Games   -   #4
    I think the file is named with .zip.exe so that people can search for it on Kazaa, as it doesn't count Zips when people search under "Programs".

5. Games   -   #5
    tried renaming it, doesnt work!

Winace states that the archive is broken when i try to download, and it doesnt have icon for archive file, its just one of those white boxes for exe's!

6. Games   -   #6
    Try renaming it to .iso instead and use Isobuster or something.

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by Fluffy_Bunny@26 May 2003 - 17:42
    Don't files with two extensions usually contain viruses?  Hoping I'm wrong here....
    No, any program that ends with .exe could potentially contain a virus (as well as a few other extensions like vbs, com, doc, and scr). That's why you should always scan everything you download. The only reason some files on Kazaa have two extensions is because when people search using the Software filter it only displays files ending with .exe, like vash444 said. Ususally a .bin.exe file is actually a .bin. But in this case Blade, it sounds like it's either corrupt or just plain fake. Did you try searching in the Verified section for a hash?

8. Games   -   #8
    i dont actually know how to use the hash, any help!?!

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    to be sure why dont you scan it for a virus

please dont tell me you use any filesharing program but do not have an anti-virus program
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by Blade {KOL}@27 May 2003 - 12:31
    i dont actually know how to use the hash, any help!?!
    As long as you have a fairly recent version of K-Lite installed, you should be able to just click on a hash link and it'll start downloading. You might need to have K-Lite running at the time, or you might need to close it and restart before the download actually appears in your transfer list. If the hash doesn't contain a link, then you need to use a program like Sig2dat or K-Sig, and paste all three lines from the hash into it.

Here are two threads with Need For Speed hashes...

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...=34&t=32440&hl=

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...=34&t=18255&hl=