Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: when does a song become to long

DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Depends on the genre. If its instrumental like something from kenny g, i can listen to one for up to 10 min.

But if its techno, forget it.

2. Music   -   #12
    Almost never when its rap with repetitive dark beats and verse after verse of somewhat meaningfull lyrics.
    ex: Mobb Deep

3. Music   -   #13
    Totally depends on the song. Songs with intros and solos are always long. Songs with climaxes can also take some time (right now, what comes to mind is Weezer's 'Only in Dreams'). I think 12 mins is fine. For example, Skynryd's live version of 'Free Bird' is intense. Peter Frampton's 'Do You Feel Like I do' and Jackson Browne's 'Running on Empty' are also long. All 3 are amoung my favourite songs...

4. Music   -   #14
    Songs that are over say 4-5 mins will be deemed long as record companies want music that can be played on the radio. So these days artists are shooting for songs of this length, which is a shame as with more freedom musical arangment could be pushed and we could listen to more interesting music!

5. Music   -   #15
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    About 4 minutes. After that it drags a bit. I am talking about singing and not musical pieces.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Music   -   #16
    DISABLED PRIVS
    trully depends on the song but maybe 5 mins max?

7. Music   -   #17
    Shellshocked
    Definitely depends on the genre, as well as the musical ability and lyrics. For example, if it has soaring guitars, the pulsing drums, bold basslines, and heartfelt well placed lyrics, then it could go on until it wants to stop, I'd love it. Pink Floyd and Dream theater, and Rush have some really long songs I'll always love.
    If it's a bold, sharp, independant punk song, then it could be a minute long and I'd love it just as much in a totally different way.

8. Music   -   #18
    frazer's Avatar I drew my avatar
    well i would say about 10mins then i get annoyed.
    add me on msn at [email protected] and ill give you free mafia gangster game codes for myql and php no instrucions though and is the normal aiport bullets killing crims jail stuff

9. Music   -   #19
    wilson47's Avatar Go Leafs Go
    Depends on the song, I think. I like some songs that are 20+ minutes long. They don't get boring despite being so long.

10. Music   -   #20
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Truly depends on the genre like some have said. Some instrumental/acoustic music I like the longer ones because some songs just sound very good. But I agree with one of the above posters, I'm not a techno person so I don't listen at all to that stuff.
    It seems that the lack of lyrics means I rather have a longer song. I love jazz and some of the famous jazz songs are 20-30 minutes, most of which is improvised which just makes it cooler for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast