Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $10 Per Gig?

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Razz@29 May 2003 - 07:49
    im on bloody ntl and ever since i have discovered the wonders of newsgroups (thanx stoi btw) i am always downloading at max thats 1mbit and ntl decided to limit ppl to 1GB a day which we are allowed to go over 4 times in a 14 day period without warning...
    1 GB per day! Comcast only allows me to download 1 GB per month from newsgroups (via Giganews). That's my biggest complaint about my ISP. I usually hit my limit within the first week.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    u think ur screwed???? i got an 256k ADSL..... wit a limit of 750MB....... every 100 MB i go over it costs 0.50 euro..........

but i HAVE 2 pay that........ its in the contract
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Limits SUCK! I remember when I first got on the Internet, my ISP was AOL (yes I was a foolish young newbie). Back then you paid your monthly fee, but you were limited to something like 10 hours of usage per month! They charged extra for every minute you went over your limit, and one month my bill was $95! That was my last bill from AOL.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    For anybody who got a call from their isp and was told their is a cap just give them a call and act like a new customer. Ask them if there are any caps. If they say no you have many choices on what to do next. You can contact a lawyer or even ask them why you are being charged for going over a cap that they dont have. You can contact the better business burea and tell them about their illegal charges, or better yet tell them you are going to do it and see if they give you free service.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by yyiryyib@29 May 2003 - 11:55
    well i got 600kbs a month and so far no one has called, it cost £25 and i seem to have unlimited dl
    feel lucky you can get broadband in the uk
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123