Thread: The Movie Node!

nizers's Avatar Poster
    I'm so sick of clicking on a sig2dat link off of this here forum and having to jump nodes for another 2 weeks just to find a source and then have to wait another month for it to finally finish DLing. First of all, i guess i'd like to ask if there is a particular node out there where all the movie buffs live on? If so... what is the node for this illustrious and magical 'promise land'?? If there isn't... then I'm calling out all of us movie lovers and 120gb movie packed hard drive owners to come together and form the highest 'movie populated' supernode out there on kazaa. Now, i realize that we can't just all be on one supernode for the legal aspects of the kazaa program, but why not have a certain supernode that we can all rely on to actually have sources to all of our favorite, just released and classic movies?? Please help me fight the 'more sources needed' syndrome of kazaa!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Sounds like a great idea, but not very practical. They never should have called it "Kazaa". Instead, they should call it "Patience". Most of the users here also use SoulSeek for music. Why not use it for movies too?
    Proud member of MDS

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    What is soulseek?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hey Homer...check http://www.slsk.org/ thats the url for the soulseek program. Right now it is typically a program for music distribution...but its starting to expand to ebooks...and as Jibb suggested it can be used for movies.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Soulseek is not fit to transfer those kinda big files. It just isn't made for it... ftp works better then..

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    soulseek only supports one connection per download, like napster used to do. this is fine for mp3s, but it would put a very large burden on the uploader if someone were to download 700mb all at once from them.

file swarming (automatically seeking out multiple sources and piecing the file together from them, as kazaa, limewire, emule and bittorrent do) is the way to go for large files.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Uh.. so is that a yay or a nay on the Movie Node idea??

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Lord of the KLF
    Originally posted by nizers@28 May 2003 - 14:24
    Uh.. so is that a yay or a nay on the Movie Node idea??
    properly a nay because it is just not convenient as was already mentioned FTP is properly ur best bet or perhaps using the fileserving room for #KLChat, that would be great as well but still no multiple sources

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    share4uk's Avatar London Clubber
    Having one node that everyone wants to connect to is not practical because it would constantly overload with the masses trying to connect (including those damned leachers)...
    File Sharer by day... Raver at night...