Thread: Norton Personal Firewall 2003 Problems

razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    I just installed Norton PF 2003. I'm sure the file was ok when I dl, I got it off the verified site. Anyway, after I installed, everything seemed fine until I realized everything in my shared folder was gone! Everything, just gone!! I've searched my computer up and down and can't find any of the files...around 70. I'm running Windows XP sp1 and I tried system restore but that didn't work. Please help! On a 56k modem, it'll take forever to re-dl all the stuff I had.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Somehow I don't think it has anything to do with Norton Firewall. Did you try to use Windows 'search' to find your stuff?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    Yes, that's the first thing I did. I actually just uninstalled, and reinstalled Norton, this time to a different folder with useless crap in it. And again, everything in said folder was gone after installation. I'm just happy it wasn't anything that I can't just dl again! Yeah, it will take days to get everything back, but it's not the end if the world I suppose. Any clue?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    <obvious>You have checked your recycle bin, right?

If it&#39;s not in there then the files were likely to have been deleted by a application or dos command, as thats the only way things can get deleted permanently, without them appearing in the Recycle bin first.

Looks like your files are gone for good.