Thread: Emulators On Ps2 Or Xbox?

I know that tons of emulators exist for the PC to play old Nintendo, Sega and etc. Roms files, but is there any way to get any of them to run on a PS2 or an Xbox? Reason I'm asking, if none are avalible as of yet, is if anyone knows where someone could go to request some be written. Overall running a huge long svideo cable and audio cable from your PC to your TV just to be able to play Roms on your Tv is kinda a pain in the rear, but if there was any way to just plop in a burnt disk with a emulator on it and the Roms files for the games you want to play into a PS2 or an Xbox that would be totally awesome! Then you could have hours on end of classic gaming fun all night long without messing with cables, settings, and etc. run from your PC. Any thoughts or suggestions as to how this might be possible?

2. Games   -   #2
    There are several "emulators" for the ps2, though they are in the very early stage..
    They cant get past the title screen from what I heard..
    And can only get the title screen on certain games..
    Really, you'll need to wait a bit before we start seeing ps2 and xbox emulators,
    though they are coming.

3. Games   -   #3
    theres alot of nes, gen, snes emus for xbox

4. Games   -   #4
    gogosan_1
    Actually, there exists several emulators for the dreamcast console, although i've never played them myself. I know you specifically asked for Ps2 and Xbox, but i thought this might help. If you're interested, check out:
    www.dcemulation.com

5. Games   -   #5
    CinC
    Originally posted by MuadDib47905@28 May 2003 - 02:20
    I know that tons of emulators exist for the PC to play old Nintendo, Sega and etc. Roms files, but is there any way to get any of them to run on a PS2 or an Xbox? Reason I'm asking, if none are avalible as of yet, is if anyone knows where someone could go to request some be written. Overall running a huge long svideo cable and audio cable from your PC to your TV just to be able to play Roms on your Tv is kinda a pain in the rear, but if there was any way to just plop in a burnt disk with a emulator on it and the Roms files for the games you want to play into a PS2 or an Xbox that would be totally awesome! Then you could have hours on end of classic gaming fun all night long without messing with cables, settings, and etc. run from your PC. Any thoughts or suggestions as to how this might be possible?
    Sure it's quite easy to get your xbox to emulate the NES, SNES, most Sega, MAME, and so on and so on.

The PS2 is out of the question.

Xbox is the go, because it's very close to PC specs, if not the same as PC specs.

You can do what most people like myself that are heavily into emulation, regarding xbox. Remove standard HDD in xbox, bang in a large sucker around 40gig min, connect PC to xbox via FTP, move your ROMs to the xbox, install a few software bits (xbox dashboards) and your away.

Of course this is a very basic idea on what to do, however if you are seriously interested in doing such a thing, contant me via email only and i'll be more than happy to give you details: [email protected]

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by MuadDib47905@28 May 2003 - 02:20
    well atleast your not stupid like some people and no it will take a while for it to come out