Thread: How to upload files...

Ok I downloaded games from BCG and would like to upload them on TL... what is the process for me to upload them?

I'm mostly new to torrent uploading ... untill recently ratio was my last concern...

Thanks

oh by the way I'm using uTorrent 1.6.1
    Last edited by graltok; 03-12-2007 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    elioo's Avatar TDI lover BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Just read th e FAQ.

Why can't I upload torrents?

Only specially authorized users (Uploaders) have permission to upload torrents.

What criteria must I meet before I can join the Uploader team?

You must be able to provide releases that:
    - include a proper NFO,
    - are genuine scene releases. If it's not on pre then forget it!
    - are not older than seven (7) days,
    - have all files in original format (usually 14.3 MB RARs),
    - you'll be able to seed, or make sure are well-seeded, for at least 24 hours.
    - you should have atleast 10MBit (1'250 KB/s) upload bandwith.

If you think you can match these criteria do not hesitate to fillout A Uploader Application form.
    Remember! Write your application carefully! Be sure to include your UL speed and what kind of stuff you're planning to upload.
    Only well written application with serious intent will be considered.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Hum... thanks .. guess I didn't explain myself corectly ...

How do you "merge" torrent ...

I downloaded say: Ghost.Recon.Advanced.Warfighter.2.PAL.XBOX360-Allstars.torrent on Blackcats-Games.
    Now I owuld like to upload it on TorentLeech.org ... how can I do so.

They have it as a torrent there but if I just download it it doesn't see that I have it already. it just start a new download...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    elioo's Avatar TDI lover BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    download .torrent from TL, open it on uTorrent and show the path where you downloaded it from BCG (f.e: if you have it on c:\Ghost.Recon.Advanced.Warfighter.2.PAL.XBOX360-Allstars, pick c:\ when utorrent ask you where to save files, and the name of the folder should be like above)
    ive just checked, therere exactly the same file on TL and BCG, should work.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ok thanks.. does it effect in anyway my upload on BCG? (else than reaching my upload limit earlier ... does it effect the ratio helper there)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    No, you will be fine, sometimes you will get an error when it trys to upload the same piece but thats very rare...just re-hash if that happens an you'll be fine.

It will not effect your ratio on BCG since the "peers" are from TL and the torrent that you Download from TL will announce only to TL
    Proud Member of:

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    anyway in uTorrent it creates me 2 different torrent...

So using this way could I in theory download teh same torrent from BCG and TL if I both direct them there.... or will it always re-hash/ re-check teh torrent ... I guess that it can't be done ... (it would be nice download 50% on each place and up load all of it once each place giving you 2.0 ratio...)

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    There was a thread already posted with pictures and everything how to do this. Ill link it here if I can find it again.

Thanks to JessicaAlba for finding me the link
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-how...706/postcount4
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 03-12-2007 at 11:45 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Thanks for the link nice tut by jessica it might help a few out there to increse there ratio. nice

but I thought it was an answer to my last question. Anyone can help me with that? (two post up)
    Last edited by graltok; 03-13-2007 at 01:33 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    You should be able to transfer the same file between most sites...
    Long as the files are packed the same way you can seed it any number of times simultaniously without it having any effect.

Some sites change the packing so you may have to dl a little bit on 1 site even if you completed it on another.