Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: The Grindhouse

  1. #1

  2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Looks good..

    The Grindhouse
    They were shooting all over town here for a while.

    There are a lot of movies by those two that are filmed here in Austin as RR has his studios about 2 miles from my house, and QT has a small studio here as well.

    A lot of other movies are filmed here as well, but no one really minds these two. Most movie sets will shut down several blocks while filming, but not these guys. They leave the streets open, and only close off an small piece that they need, right when they need to film. It's odd, you'll be walking down the street at night and walk right up on a set.

    SXSW also just started this past weekend, so movie stars will be everywhere for the next couple of weeks.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Looks good..

    The Grindhouse
    They were shooting all over town here for a while.

    There are a lot of movies by those two that are filmed here in Austin as RR has his studios about 2 miles from my house, and QT has a small studio here as well.

    A lot of other movies are filmed here as well, but no one really minds these two. Most movie sets will shut down several blocks while filming, but not these guys. They leave the streets open, and only close off an small piece that they need, right when they need to film. It's odd, you'll be walking down the street at night and walk right up on a set.

    SXSW also just started this past weekend, so movie stars will be everywhere for the next couple of weeks.
    Yeah imagine the filming that goes on in DC.

    They leave the streets open here too but shoot mostly on weekends.

    Our non-rush hour/non-lunch hour traffic is still a bitch.

    Imagine the reason they having studios down in Texas is due to the closeness to Mehico.

  4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

    Imagine the reason they having studios down in Texas is due to the closeness to Mehico.
    Well, I know that Robert Rodriguez went to The Univ. of Texas as well, and I believe he used a lot of connections there to really get himself going, and in doing so realized he didn't need to leave home to be successful in the movie biz.

    I'm not sure how he and QT got acquainted though.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,588
    both movies look to be junk.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

    Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

  6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    both movies look to be junk.
    Sorta true.

    However, I will see them based on the directors' track record.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 03-14-2007 at 08:57 PM.

  7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    811
    what i was wondering when i’ve seen the previews....are these full length films or are they like 1hr each? >> Sitting for 4 hrs seems a bit long
    Proud Member of:

  8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    what i was wondering when i’ve seen the previews....are these full length films or are they like 1hr each? >> Sitting for 4 hrs seems a bit long
    I saw the previews prior to 300 and I was definitely under the impression that these were short films.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    811
    << i believe they said, “full length films” although i could be wrong....im assuming they are 1.5hrs or a bit less
    Proud Member of:

  10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    It says in the preview that the total is 2 and a half hours.

    That's cool cuz it like each one will get right into the action.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •