Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So My Brother Got Caught Downloading Torrents

A few months ago my brother got a letter in the mail saying that they caught him downloading a TV episode using utorrent. They made him e-mail NBC and apologize for downloading. My question is, when i go back home (I'm at college right now) I"m going to be downloading A LOT since I can't at my campus...what are my chances of them catching me like they caught my brother? The thing I also don't understand is, they only caught him downloading one file only. Sorry if this is very n00bish, which it probley is. I just have no idea how people catch you downloading outside of my campus. Thanks for the input!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    it was the tracker he got it from. stay away from public trackers

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    So I should stay away from sites like mininova.org and isohunt?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Yep!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    They made him apologize to NBC??

NBC should apologize to us for the majority of the crap they put on tv.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I would work on getting into the private trackers before you head home. This will help. It is no garuntee that you will not get caught, but it does reduce your chances significantly.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Thanks for the input everybody! I never knew how beneficial private trackers could be. Any suggestions on how to get in loop?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    There is no real guaranteed safety with torrents because some private trackers are easily obtained by anyone. Therefore it is still not as safe. It is much better than public though.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    If you live in the US stay out of the public trackers.. especially DEMONOID and EZTV (mininova)You should use private trackers only and enable the encryption..
    If you want an invite for a private tracker PM me

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    get usenet access, that way no one can track you down
    beside,the speed is awsome at my university..i have a DL record of 8mb/s .
    make your switch now, if you are realy afraid of getting cought.
    i might be wrong though!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast