Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: Accounts not traded??

Omaster's Avatar ISC4LYFE BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    the rules say:
    * Dont trade accounts at FST for sites that strickly forbid it.

Then Skizo said
    Allowed where? Almost all are allowed to be traded here at FST.
    So which is it hedonist?

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Omaster View Post
    the rules say:

Then Skizo said
    Allowed where? Almost all are allowed to be traded here at FST.
    So which is it hedonist?
    Ah, I did read you wrong. Well, Skizo is a mod, so he would know. I mean just take a look around, nearly every thread has an account being offered for trade. Were you really confused about whether it was allowed here or not?

Wildbytes accounts are the only thing I'm aware of that's not allowed to be traded, but there may be more.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist7 View Post
    the rules say:

Then Skizo said

So which is it hedonist?
    Ah, I did read you wrong. Well, Skizo is a mod, so he would know. I mean just take a look around, nearly every thread has an account being offered for trade. Were you really confused about whether it was allowed here or not?

Wildbytes accounts are the only thing I'm aware of that's not allowed to be traded, but there may be more.
    WB, NB, FSC are a few...

You can probably see the pattern there.

Listing is coming...

yo

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    Omaster's Avatar ISC4LYFE BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    No no, obviously this is what this section is for, trading invites.

I was just wondering about which trackers specifically forbid trading, such as WB as you said or FsC.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

I was just wondering about which trackers specifically forbid trading, such as WB as you said or FsC.
    They dislike the trading of accounts.

Invite trading just fine for the most part, as long as they aren't giveaways, etc. They would prefer if these accounts were not given out as freebies, but were traded for other decent trackers. The idea is that good members will have the good trackers, and any tracker is happy to have good, upstanding members come their way.

yo

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16

I am so confused about what it is you are confused about.

Every tracker has rules against account trading.

As of right now, every trackers' accounts are traded on this forum.

Shortly, Skizo will be announcing trackers whose accounts may not be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Invite trading just fine for the most part, as long as they aren't giveaways, etc. They would prefer if these accounts were not given out as freebies, but were traded for other decent trackers. The idea is that good members will have the good trackers, and any tracker is happy to have good, upstanding members come their way.
    Which trackers is this true of? Swedvdr is the only site I have personally run into that was fine with invite trading. I know FSC, FTN, and Bitmetv will at a minimum disable your invite privileges if you are caught trading.
    Last edited by Sentient; 03-13-2007 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    ah.. I hink I read somewhere that these trackers are ahppy as long as you don't trade the invites.. If u give it as freebies to deserving candidates they have no prbolem but when trading.. u may invite bad members bcoz with the interets in getting other tracker one overlooks the credentials on user being invited
    Thanks to aburyach,berserk1980,colterwood,Detale,Evandro,gamer4eva,RealitY,shamong,titana & Xsensei for their help.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    mestari's Avatar Witchmaster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist7 View Post
    Which trackers is this true of? Swedvdr is the only site I have personally run into that was fine with invite trading. I know FSC, FTN, and Bitmetv will at a minimum disable your invite privileges if you are caught trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by SweDVDr.org
    2007-02-19 - Inbjudan öppen

En inbjudan kostar 40p och man måste vara minst Exalted User.
    Inbjudningar införskaffas i bonus-shoppen och skicka gör du från din profil.

* Genom att erbjuda invites öppet på ett forum/torrentsida riskerar du varning/ban på Swedvdr.
    The last section says it clearly. Trading risks you to warning/ban.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by mestari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SweDVDr.org
    2007-02-19 - Inbjudan öppen

En inbjudan kostar 40p och man måste vara minst Exalted User.
    Inbjudningar införskaffas i bonus-shoppen och skicka gör du från din profil.

* Genom att erbjuda invites öppet på ett forum/torrentsida riskerar du varning/ban på Swedvdr.
    The last section says it clearly. Trading risks you to warning/ban.
    Yea, but in practice, the owner actually helps enforce trades (at least as of a couple of months ago). I was in their IRC channel once and some guy complained he traded a Swedvdr invite for like FTN and the other guy never reciprocated. He disabled the other guy's account, and gave the cheated guy his invite back.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by N@LiM View Post
    ah.. I hink I read somewhere that these trackers are ahppy as long as you don't trade the invites.. If u give it as freebies to deserving candidates they have no prbolem but when trading.. u may invite bad members bcoz with the interets in getting other tracker one overlooks the credentials on user being invited
    I also had this idea that all trackers hated having their invites traded, not only their accounts. It just brings them more unwanted atention. And you can never completely trust someone you dont know.

One thing is offering invites in other trackers power user forums. Other completely different is trading, especially in public forums.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast