Thread: Sight No Sound

hi i am sorry this questionmust have been a million times but as of yet i cant find an answer
    i have downloaded some films and i have got picture but no sound i tried downloding some codecs NIMO CODEC9 being one in zip format but when i click on it nothings happens
    any help would be gratefully accepted
    thanks
    schunker

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Originally posted by schunker@28 May 2003 - 13:10
    hi i am sorry this questionmust have been a million times but as of yet i cant find an answer
    i have downloaded some films and i have got picture but no sound i tried downloding some codecs NIMO CODEC9 being one in zip format but when i click on it nothings happens
    any help would be gratefully accepted
    thanks
    schunker
    Nimo codecs sucks,uninstall it and install K-Lite Codec Pack instead or install only the codecs your need (you can check with GSpot)

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    You may not have a codec problem at all. When ripping DVD's you have to first extract the audio into a .mp3 file and then later on convert it into .wav format. These are two seperate files. Something similar happens with the video too. So... during the ripping process you'll have files that are just audio or just video. It's possible that whoever was sharing this movie originally ripped it into their shared folder thus sharing incomplete movie files. Your best bet is to search the verifieds section of the forum and use a sig to find a verified complete and whole copy of the movie your looking for. That's what the verifieds section is for... if you can't find what your looking for, post a request in the request forum.

Then again... maybe you've got crap codecs installed.