Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is PS3 the great unwanted console?

LOL you like making your point huh.. na im kidding.

How much did the PS2 cost in America when it launched?

2. Games   -   #12
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by macking
    LOL you like making your point huh.. na im kidding.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by macking
    How much did the PS2 cost in America when it launched?
    I remember it being ridiculously over priced like around $700 at least.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 03-17-2007 at 10:44 PM.

3. Games   -   #13
    It was the same thing here in the UK too, the PS2 and PS3 were very similar in price so I don't get it when people complain about the price.

Xbox launched very expensive, the gamecube was a lot cheaper than both the xbox and ps2 as well.

Soon the xbox 360 will be the cheapest console in the UK, theyr dropping the price to around 15% less than the Wii with the core model from what I've heard.

This hot competition is great prices are falling to the ground with fantastic games everywhere.

Its a shame you need to a HDTV though, it kind of defeats the purpose of a cheap console when you have to pay a fortune to enjoy it.

4. Games   -   #14
    sauly's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    i will buy 1 in the end just need to hold on

5. Games   -   #15
    Member BT Rep: +2
    its not unwanted, its that its tooooo pricy. u can see 10 ps3's in a store while all the wiis are sold out. ps3 vs.wii, wii would win. wii sold more than the 360 and ps3 combined.

6. Games   -   #16
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    If PS3 was maybe $500 or $400 for the Premium then I would buy it but mainly for Gran Turismo 5.

7. Games   -   #17
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by macking View Post
    It was the same thing here in the UK too, the PS2 and PS3 were very similar in price so I don't get it when people complain about the price.

Xbox launched very expensive, the gamecube was a lot cheaper than both the xbox and ps2 as well.

Soon the xbox 360 will be the cheapest console in the UK, theyr dropping the price to around 15% less than the Wii with the core model from what I've heard.

This hot competition is great prices are falling to the ground with fantastic games everywhere.

Its a shame you need to a HDTV though, it kind of defeats the purpose of a cheap console when you have to pay a fortune to enjoy it.
    I don't think so.

I mean over in the States, HDTVs are becoming pretty commonplace. Also where did you get that you had to have a HDTV?

Nowadays I don't really see folks buying new SD sets any more.

Why should they? HDTV big screens are the price of SD big screens 6 years ago.

Also after watching HDTV, SD sets totally suck ass anyway.

8. Games   -   #18
    I'll pick one up in a year or so once the prices have come down

9. Games   -   #19
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by macking View Post

HDTVs have fallen quite dramtically in price now though (some decent 32" sets are cheaper than the PS3...), I'm getting one for the Wii I'm getting because I think I'll need the big screen to fit multiple players in front of. And my PS2 looks shit on my 20" standard TV.

10. Games   -   #20
    mavg's Avatar guerreiro BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    360 or ps3 ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast