Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is PS3 the great unwanted console?

Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by macking View Post
    the police are making special preparations for the event because they feel too many people at the same place at the same time could be very troublesome:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74200

It might be the biggest console launch ever.
    what a load of sh1te.

It's just not selling, fanboy.

Not that this is note worthy - but when has that ever stopped the ramblings of a drunken madman....> I don't know ANYONE online or in RL that has purchased this console... who here has nabbed one? eh?? Then maybe at least I will kinda know someone that has it...(in the uk)

Most notable moment was playing CSS a few days ago on a packed server, and someone asked the question: "who here has got a PS3?"... the silence spoke volumes.... fuck it I was gonna get one, but now i'm just completely off the idea of ps3 entirely, until there is better games.. and something that really kicks xbox arse (unlikely in the short term?) ...and get the Furcking price down and I don't care what u chaps say, the quality of games to price ratio is just utter pish! f5uck blue ray and hd in the ar5e (twice!) they are merely convoluted ploys to get you to part with more money replacing your old dvds....imho A few more years down the line (5,10 15) God knows, but we will all be upgrading again to the next super-dooper-hi-res-in-your-face-3D-holographic-mammery-gland-disks...personally I can't wait.....that's why I'm giving this latest techno fart a miss until the next uber tech-poop arives! Then I will buy into it

I hope Sony learn from this monumental fuck up... maybe 5 or 10 years from now, when they have finished pimping the PS3 for everything its worth, they wont be so arrogant next time.

oOPS sorry, Drunken Rant mode: OFF.

*Goes shopping tomorrow to buy PS3*
    Last edited by Colt Seevers; 03-30-2007 at 11:14 PM. Reason: No offence like.

2. Games   -   #22
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Where's the games? GTA4 comes out in October and I see nothing else that makes me wish for a PS3 until then. And even then, unless the PS3 version is significantly better, then the 360 looks better with its catalogue of decent games. The early adopters are mupppets imo.

Until then I'll be happy with my PC and Wii (which arrives next month...). I'll pick up a 360 maybe because I want to play GTA4 (unless the PS3 version is much better of course) but even then I might hold out for a PC version so the game can be done justice, other than that there are a few other 360 games I wouldn't mind trying out. The PS3 needs a few "must-have" title under its belt before I'll consider it (and by that I mean the game must be on the shelf for me to purchase).
    Last edited by Cheese; 03-30-2007 at 11:39 PM.

3. Games   -   #23
    sony totally screwed up the launch. i blame blu-ray & the ridiculous price tag mostly, but they made a whole bunch of other mistakes too (horrible press conferences!). i still think PS3 is going to come out on top just because of the strength of brand recognition/loyalty and the fact that it will be the console of choice for japanese game developers.

xbox 360 is a fine machine with good games, but (much like the original xbox...) 360 has been a massive failure in japan. japanese gamers never had much interest in it, it doesn't have much support from japanese game developers, so the variety of xbox 360 games is really narrow (mostly shooters, pro sports, and car racing) compared to what PS2 had & what PS3 will eventually have. 360 caters to certain tastes (if 360 has the kinds of games you enjoy, then be happy 'cause 360 has had some high-quality games in the past several months & more on the way), but it's not for every taste... while a playstation (PS1, PS2, PS3) is more of an "everyone and his mom/GF/neighbor/dog is eventually going to buy one because of the sheer variety of games" thing.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 04-05-2007 at 07:13 AM.

4. Games   -   #24
    slygamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by macking
    How much did the PS2 cost in America when it launched?
    I remember it being ridiculously over priced like around $700 at least.
    What?! PS2 on launch was $300! not $700!!! lol maybe for ebay people, but not store wise. sorry but when i saw that i flipped out.

Anyway i have PS3. its ok, you can find them anywhere in my area. Its almost if no one wants them, which is obviously the reason. Not that many great games yet, but more will come.

5. Games   -   #25
    Unwanted..you must be joking! Check these new videos...unwanted..prrfttt!

http://www.ps3films.com/cinematic.htm ( Heavenly Sword game...the best graphics!)

http://www.ps3films.com/storage.htm (shows the new Blu-Ray storage Technology)

Right I'm all done now!

6. Games   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by mooncrew211 View Post
    http://www.ps3films.com/storage.htm (shows the new Blu-Ray storage Technology)
    bah, blu-ray, schmoo-ray. sony is trying to con gamers into believing blu-ray is necessary for high-definition games, while high-definition games continue to come out and look great on (the older & much cheaper format) dvd-rom for PC & x360. sony just needed to win the movie format war against toshiba by making gamers carry blu-ray to victory on their shoulders.

7. Games   -   #27
    No games I want on PS3. MGS4 is an exclusive...but I haven't even played through the rest of the series. It will probably be ported over anyhow, later on.

What else is exclusive for Ps3 that makes it a must have? FF13? I heard its going on XBox 360 this time around LOL. Umm....DMC4? It's not an exclusive anymore. So....uhhh yeah hahahaha

8. Games   -   #28
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by slygamer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy View Post
    lol

I remember it being ridiculously over priced like around $700 at least.
    What?! PS2 on launch was $300! not $700!!! lol maybe for ebay people, but not store wise. sorry but when i saw that i flipped out.

Anyway i have PS3. its ok, you can find them anywhere in my area. Its almost if no one wants them, which is obviously the reason. Not that many great games yet, but more will come.
    I don't know where you live but you must have been very fucking lucky to find a $300 PS2 on or close to launch. I remember it was very hard to find PS2 consoles and they were wayyy overpriced (not on ebay but retail stores). Remember the Wii was selling for $500 weeks after launch at Circuit City, Best Buy, and other retailers because they were in great demand, and in very low quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by FVK77 View Post
    No games I want on PS3. MGS4 is an exclusive...but I haven't even played through the rest of the series. It will probably be ported over anyhow, later on.

What else is exclusive for Ps3 that makes it a must have? FF13? I heard its going on XBox 360 this time around LOL. Umm....DMC4? It's not an exclusive anymore. So....uhhh yeah hahahaha
    I read that the creater of the Metal Gear Solid series is very interested in the Xbox 360, so I'm sure it will be ported over.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 04-05-2007 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123