Thread: RIP Gareth Hunt

Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    VENGERS STAR GARETH HUNT DIES
    By Mirror.co.uk 14/03/2007

ACTOR Gareth Hunt, star of The New Avengers and Nescafe adverts, has died of cancer at the age of 65.

He passed away during the early hours of this morning at his home in Redhill, Surrey.

His agent revealed he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer two years ago but kept his illness quiet and carried on working until the end of last year.
    Advertisement

Alexandra McLean-Williams said: “Hardly anybody knew he was ill. He continued to work and up until New Year, you would never have realised anything was wrong.

“He would have chemo one day and be on the golf course the next. The way he dealt with it was absolutely remarkable.”

Hunt shot to fame as marksman Mike Gambit in the New Avengers alongside Joanna Lumley as Purdey. The show ran for two series between 1976-77

He later became known as the face of the Nescafe coffee adverts when he would shake his hand to reveal a pile of coffee beans.

The actor also starred in EastEnders as crime boss Ritchie Stringer and more recently appeared in episodes of TV drama Doctors.

Hunt leaves behind his wife, Amanda and three son

I wonder if he ever slept with Purdey?

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    he was in the vengaboys?
    there's two things in this life i hate; 1. Cultural discrimination and 2. Gypsies

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    no, the New Avengers.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    R.i.p

5. Lounge   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Do you know his brother, Mike.

Serious. He's a right vagina.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    is he english?
    there's two things in this life i hate; 1. Cultural discrimination and 2. Gypsies

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagarga View Post
    is he english?
    Mebe.

I was talking ot this bloke today and only half way through the conversation did I realise he was English. I said to him, you;re not so much of a cunt as what I expected. He was like, cheers.

See. And I thought I was well racist toward the English before that.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.