Thread: Norton Antivirus

might sound dumb, but....

if i dl norton antivirus 2003 (or install 2002 off a CD - already done and registered on another computer) will i be able to register for virus definitions?
    is there any sort of serial check to make sure its not a copied version?

currently i have a legitimate copy of PC-cillin 2000 that came free with something... it just seems a bit shit compared with NAV

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You should be able to.

If you cant, you can get the definitions from ttdown.com

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    the english version of that site doesnt seem to want to work

does anyone know how good PC-cillin is? i have seen the Trend Micro online virus scan recommended on this site. would it be worth installing NAV over PC-cillin?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Singe-
    Quick anser is no serial and updates for 1 year with norton 2003. You can pick it up on klite. If you need more serious protection, look at sophos antivirus.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by singe@28 May 2003 - 18:30
    might sound dumb, but....

if i dl norton antivirus 2003 (or install 2002 off a CD - already done and registered on another computer) will i be able to register for virus definitions?
    is there any sort of serial check to make sure its not a copied version?

currently i have a legitimate copy of PC-cillin 2000 that came free with something... it just seems a bit shit compared with NAV
    There is no serial on 2002 (I know that because I use it) and you automatically register for a 1 year subscription of virus definitions as part of your installation of it. AFAIK it's the same for the 2003 version.

After that year is done (or even before), you have two options - You can either uninstall it and reinstall it to get another year , or you can find a program which can extend the service to far beyond a year (Haven't bothered looking for it myself but I know it's been mentioned in the forums recently - Use the search to find the topic)