Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Invites Are Worth [Demonoid]

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

Overview:
    Demonoid is variety tracker which currently indexes over 130,000 torrents! Many of them
    are several months old, but there are dozens added every day. Their wide selection is due
    to the fact that they allow anyone upload torrents. I've noticed that many (if not most) of
    the torrents indexed by Demonoid were originally tracked by more exclusive sites. This means
    that the rare and obscure content that was nitially only available to specialized tracker
    members is now available to almost everybody.
    ======================================================================

The breakdown of torrents is as follows...

Anime : 3,000
    Applications : 15,000
    Audio Books : 4,000
    Books : 7,000
    Comics : 4,000
    Games : 7,000
    Misc. : 3,000
    Movies : 23,000
    Music : 44,000
    Music : 4,000
    Pictures : 1,000
    TV : 20,000

Ratio:
    Ratio really has no effect on your membership. I have seen long-time users there who have a
    consistent ration of <.3.

Class:
    Almost everyone is a regular user. If you donate money, you are Sopporter and get a few benefits
    including e-mail notification if new torrents, instant ration of 1:1, and a star next to your name. No
    information is given about other classes.

Uploads:
    As I said earlier, everyone may upload. The only restrictions on uploaded content is that there is no
    adult content allowed.

Invites:
    You will be allowed to generate invitation codes after you upload so much (In the range of 30-40GB)

For a while, it has been every Friday, but they are discussing making signup once a month for a few days straight.

I would rate the site as Follows

Content 5/5 (Variety and overall quality)
    Speed 2/5
    Rarity 0/5
    Pre-Times N/A
    Last edited by mbucari1; 03-15-2007 at 01:01 AM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    DISABLED PRIVS
    content is terrible, and there is no dupe rule.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    demonoid rarity 4/5 , nice joke xD

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    DISABLED PRIVS
    Quote Originally Posted by tbax View Post
    demonoid rarity 4/5 , nice joke xD
    +1

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Backslash's Avatar you're dead BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    are you serious?

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Id say it should be:

Content 5/5 (Variety and overall quality)
    Speed 0/5
    Rarity 0/5
    Pre-Times N/A

Speed is awful, its hard not to get an invite to that place yet the content is second only to public trackers (which it pretty much is)

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I've found some pretty obscure stuff, but you're probably right about the score being too high. I will bring iot down to 2. I was also worried about content being too low, but I see I wasn't alone, so it goes up to 5 (I found almost the entire autodesk line on demonoid)
    Speed will go down to 2

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    I've found some pretty obscure stuff, but you're probably right about the score being too high. I will bring iot down to 2. I was also worried about content being too low, but I see I wasn't alone, so it goes up to 5 (I found almost the entire autodesk line on demonoid)
    Speed will go down to 1
    Rarity is in terms of how hard it is to get an invite to the site i think rather than how rare the content is.

If it was as you believe, based on the rarity of the torrents id give that catagory a 5 too but unfortunately its not.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    BTW, the most imoportant part of a tracker to me by far is the content. I can live with speed, but I need variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzy Rox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Speed will go down to 1
    Rarity is in terms of how hard it is to get an invite to the site i think rather than how rare the content is.

If it was as you believe, based on the rarity of the torrents id give that catagory a 5 too but unfortunately its not.
    Got ya, rarity will go down to 0

Hey, I'm thinking about changing the speed to 2.5 or 3, what do you all think?
    Many torrents I can download at well over 100KBps Some even top off my down bandwidth (3Mbps)
    Last edited by mbucari1; 03-15-2007 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    i don't think a review of demonoid is necessary since it's not a private tracker and it hasn't any value rarity wise + it's not the good section to post a review

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast