Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Don't ask don't tell

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    I doubt in that senario he/she would say no.

Your sex "need" is only temporary, it does Not control your whole way of life.
    I expect in the military more so. There are other more vital issues at hand.

The Discovery channel should do an show on masturbation in the military.
    But under don't ask don't tell he would be dismissed from the service.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    then leave "the service" until it can give itself a less hypocritical title.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    If conscription were to be re-introduced would gay men and women be exempt.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I have actually served in the US Air Force for 11 years and I have seen first hand how the don't ask don't tell policy is implemented. I knew of several gay men and women serving side by side with me, and it never affected group morale. How they conduct themselves in their personal time is none of my concern. If they perform the job that is at hand and keep their personal life just that, then I do not see the probelm.

The use of barracks is primarily the case in a deployed setting. When you are deployed your are in a 24 hour operational mode and you have no free time. This would put everyone in a work enviroment and any sexual contact or harasement regardless if it were male/female, male/male, female/female is unacceptable. I highly doubt that the majority of men and women in the service care what ones sexual orientation is, as long as that person can perform their duties as assigned.

If anyone crosses the line, then deal with it accordingly. The military is a melting pot of nationalities and religions. They drill tolerance into you from day 1. The barracks issue is just a minor concern. If a racist is needing a shower, he has the option to wait until someone of the other race is not in there. You can not change everyone personal views on certain issues. Just because someone does not agree with something, does not mean it can not be tollerated. Who cares what ones sexual preference is as long as they keep it to themselves and perform to their upmost abilities while serving in the armed forces. Work is work and what you choose to do in your spare time is up to you. I could care less.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Does any one have any info on the views of other nations armies (other than usa) in relation to this topic?
    Two men were married in the chapel at Nova Scotia's Greenwood airbase in May, in what's being called the Canadian military's first gay wedding.

Lt.-Cmdr. David Greenwood, the base's head chaplain, said a sergeant and a warrant officer were married May 3 in front of about 45 guests.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2005/...dding0614.html
    This happened two years ago, but I believe it showcases the Canadian military's views quite nicely.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post
    sergeant and a warrant officer were married May 3 in front of about 45 guests.
    So half of the entire Canadian Air Force was there eh? LOL
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post
    sergeant and a warrant officer were married May 3 in front of about 45 guests.
    So half of the entire Canadian Air Force was there eh? LOL
    Good point and half were gay . This is my rifle , this is my gun ,one is for killing ones for fun .

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345