Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed - I killed JFK, honest!

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Stalin?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    The man is telling the truth, we do indeed share responsibility for all that happens here on Earth...and in the heavens.

..Still, ..nothing like a scape goat, something Khalid Sheikh Mohammed understood, all to well, just before he received his last waterboard "therapy".
    Nevertheless, it's rough justice, and there are only 6 virgin goats waiting in paradise for him too;... lifedeath, sucks..

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the alleged number three in al-Qaida, confessed to planning the attacks on New York and Washington on September 11 2001, in front of the secret military tribunals being held for the top detainees in Guantánamo, the Pentagon said last night.

Mohammed was tortured by the FBI and CIA after being given special permission by the White House to do so, this included 'waterboarding'.

According to reports Mohammed said ..

- I was member of al-Qaida council

· I was director for planning and execution of 9/11, fr om A to Z

· I was commander for foreign ops

· I was directly in charge ... of cell for biological weapons, and follow-up on dirty bomb ops on American soil

· I was responsible for shoe bomber operation to down two US planes

· I was responsible for Bali bombing

· I was responsible for second wave attacks after 9/11: California; Chicago; Washington; Empire State, NY

· I was responsible for operations to destroy American vessels in the Hormuz, Gibraltar, and Singapore

· I was responsible for planning operation to destroy Panama canal

· I was responsible for planning assassination of ex-US presidents, including Carter and Clinton

· I was responsible for planning operation to destroy Heathrow, Canary Wharf and Big Ben

· I shared responsibility for assassination attempt on John Paul II in Philippines

· I was responsible for operation to assassinate President Musharraf

He also confessed to killing JFK, sinking the Titanic and getting Anna Nicole Smith pregnant.

President Bush hailed this as a great day for the American legal system.

Source.

He also confessed in rather graphic detail to personally beheading the Jewish New York Times reporter Daniel Pearl, which fact escaped your note, though you obviously felt a humorous expansion of the quoted litany necessary.

I'm not at all curious as to why you posted as you did - it is your way, after all.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    The problem is the Islamic religion itself. Their Justice (The Sharia) system, stood still at about the time Mohamed died. The be-headings, the stoning of women, the cutting of of the hand that steals...this is the way they make sure no on dares to look any further for some real faith. They are frightened and intimidated into becoming and staying Muslims. Now and if they fight their individual jihads, then they can expect, to be rewarded with 7 virgins in paradise... How stupid can one get? I see that as an insult to the female race, and also shows the material base of the Islamic religion. Nothing spiritual going on there... only Blood and Gore...

Well..IMO Muslims should when they move to other, in particular so called "Christian" countries, be made to swear allegiance to the state and the prevalent faith in said same country. No Mosques would I allow to be built, if they want that, then move back to an Islamic county of choice. Also, taking into account that the ultimate goal of Islam is to spread itself, if necessary by force, to the Whole Wide Word. We ourselves are allowing the seeds of problems for the future to take root and flourish by allowing them entry today. Our Children and Grand-children are at risk. We really should act.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    He also confessed in rather graphic detail to personally beheading the Jewish New York Times reporter Daniel Pearl, which fact escaped your note, though you obviously felt a humorous expansion of the quoted litany necessary.
    The list I posted was a direct quote, the source of which I included, so if you feel something is missing I suggest you take it up with The Guardian.

I'm not at all curious as to why you posted as you did - it is your way, after all.
    So, now you're a modictator, you can tell me how to post?

Anyone who believes this man did what he says, any or all of it, after the White House has admitted they authorised his torture, is a fool.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    The Titanic was really gross.. Still perhaps he is also resposible for global warming and the cause of all those icebergs....

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    The list I posted was a direct quote, the source of which I included, so if you feel something is missing I suggest you take it up with The Guardian.
    I am aware of the content of the Guardian article, and that you quoted the final summation.

I am also aware that your aim was to litanize, and therefore cast doubt and ridicule on the conclusions of the tribunal.

While the list you reproduced was complete in all other aspects, I merely pointed out you felt no need to note KSM's exploits as to Pearl, which, given your bias, makes perfect sense.

So, now you're a modictator, you can tell me how to post?
    Anyone who believes this man did what he says, any or all of it, after the White House has admitted they authorised his torture, is a fool.
    So you believe him to be totally innocent, then.

Whatever.

As to your other comment, tell me precisely where and when I've told you how to post?

As you yourself have said, bullshit deserves a label, and a bullshitter likewise.

Moderator or not, I'm entitled to label people just like you do.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Wizeard

I think your Draconian approach is perhaps a tad over the top. Most Muslims are not hard line and only a handful of Islamic countries stone people and go in for non-consensual cosmetic surgery. Brutal punishment was the order of the day right up until the 18th century enlightenment in Europe.

Catholics and Protestants burned each other at the stake Luther drowned Baptists (particularly fitting he thought) and all of them burned witches. In Britain hanging drawing and quartering and burning at the stake was only removed from the stautes in the 1780s and was used regularly during the 18th century

Islam needs a jolt to bring it into the 21st century but they are not so far behind as we might fancy. There are still Christian fundamentalists who hanker after the good old days when they could put the gay and adulterous behind bars.

We should not tolerate intolerance and I agree that intolerant Islam should be given short shrift. It beggers belief that someone who can't cope with alcohol in shops, lingerie adverts on bill boards, and impious humour in newspapers would move to a liberal democracy in the first place and I would happily facilitate their return to somewhere they would feel more comfortable.

J2

There is little doubt he is a key AQ member and guilty of terrorist acts. It just seems that the security services rather filled their boots on the confession front. There is a danger that if he confesses to too many improbable things the probable may be the baby thrown out with the bathwater when it goes to trial - although I can't see many judges letting this one loose again.
    Last edited by Biggles; 03-16-2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    I am aware of the content of the Guardian article, and that you quoted the final summation.
    If you're aware of the article, as you claim, you would know that there was no admission from him that he killed Pearl, that revelation came later.

I am also aware that your aim was to litanize, and therefore cast doubt and ridicule on the conclusions of the tribunal.
    Litanize is the wrong word to use, however much spin you put on it, and I have a right to criticize confessions obtained out of torture. As to the conclusions of the tribunal, we're talking about confessions, not the conclusions of a kangaroo court.

While the list you reproduced was complete in all other aspects, I merely pointed out you felt no need to note KSM's exploits as to Pearl, which, given your bias, makes perfect sense.
    As noted above, there was no mention in that article of him confessing to the murder of Pearl. But don't let facts stop you, it hasn't in the past.

So you believe him to be totally innocent, then.
    Words in the mouth again? You watch too much Fox.

Moderator or not, I'm entitled to label people just like you do.
    Label away, it seems to turn you on.

...any statement which is established to have been made as a result of torture shall not be invoked as evidence in any proceedings, except against a person accused of torture as evidence that the statement was made.
    U.N. Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, Article 15

If an investigation ... establishes that an act of torture ... appears to have been committed, criminal proceedings shall be instituted against the alleged offender.
    U.N. Declaration on the Protection of All Persons from Being Subjected to Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, Article 10

An order from a superior officer or public authority may not be invoked as a justification of torture.
    U.N. Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, Article 2(3)

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    We should not tolerate intolerance and I agree that intolerant Islam should be given short shrift. It beggers belief that someone who can't cope with alcohol in shops, lingerie adverts on bill boards, and impious humour in newspapers would move to a liberal democracy in the first place and I would happily facilitate their return to somewhere they would feel more comfortable.
    I totally agree. Only I think it should apply to all immigrants. If you don't like a country why did you go there in the first place. Everybody should be aware of the laws of country they are about to emigrate to. They should not be asking for the laws to be changed to suit them. They should also be able to speak the language fluently. I am not talking about asylum seekers who have no option but seek another country to stay in.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast