Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plymouth, England

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    My knowledge of Plymouth stretches from the Nowhere to the top of Mutley Plain and all the pubs in between. Beyond that I'm fecked.
    That's now exactly the sort of sightseeing I'm looking for,..any koffie shops?
    The Barbican is worth checking out, expecially if the weather is good. From there you can visit Cap'n Jaspers to buy a Jasperizer or catch the water taxi across to Mount Batten. There is also loads of touristy places like the The Nation Marine Aquarium and the Plymouth Dome.

Though quite why you'd want to do that when you could just get pissed up until 6am in the diviest dive in Divingdom I don't know.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    ..only a complete idiot would dream of that... what time did you say they open?

3. Lounge   -   #23
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    The ferry manker is on about is the Cremyll ferry, a little boat that takes you over to mount edgecombe, well worth a visit. If the countyside or sea is your cup of tea, then there's plenty of lovely spots to go to.

In the city, Captain Jaspers down on the Barbican for a foot-long dog, the Hoe, and the many many pubs are well worth a visit. Goodbodies definately for debauchery. It never closes and you can get breakfast 24hours. There are a few Cafes around too.

Oh, and you have to eat as many pasties as possible while you here.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    The bouncer told us off for arm wrestling that night, fussy bastard the week before he was telling us off for pouring Guinness into the pool table.
    Same bouncer that sent our 24 year old gay mate home to get some ID but let a 17 year-old who was also with us in.

He's a twat. A fat one
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    cos he was gay?
    there's two things in this life i hate; 1. Cultural discrimination and 2. Gypsies

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabGirl View Post
    The ferry manker is on about is the Cremyll ferry, a little boat that takes you over to mount edgecombe, well worth a visit. If the countyside or sea is your cup of tea, then there's plenty of lovely spots to go to.

In the city, Captain Jaspers down on the Barbican for a foot-long dog, the Hoe, and the many many pubs are well worth a visit. Goodbodies definately for debauchery. It never closes and you can get breakfast 24hours. There are a few Cafes around too.

Oh, and you have to eat as many pasties as possible while you here.
    OK thanks for that CrabGirl, I have been to Plymouth before, about the time of the Falkland Island's war to visit my brother who used to live there. I remember it was near an old station with a very dodgy looking bridge. It was not all that far from the Saltash Bridge. He took me to see a place where the Pilgrim Fathers sailed for America..steeped in history.. I enjoyed Woolworths, .... Chicken and Chips with baked beens mmm .. lekker

7. Lounge   -   #27
    watcxh yourself wizzman it;s jungle out there.
    there's two things in this life i hate; 1. Cultural discrimination and 2. Gypsies

8. Lounge   -   #28
    double post..
    Last edited by thewizeard; 03-17-2007 at 07:17 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Some Photos I took during that visit, if you look carefully, you will see my brother in that dingy ( don't tell him I called it a dingy, that's his pride and joy......)

and the last one for now, taken late in the day..and a little worse for wear

shots of that "Harry Potter" bridge viaduct

The is also an impressive round castle on the hills above Forder, a place that reputedly was the "Love Nest"of Prince Charles and Lady Chameleon Camilla ..

It was a well known and guarded secret amongst the locals at the time. The naughty Prince and Camila were often seen there in each others company, while Diana had her own thing going.. ( remember this was in the time of the Falkland island wars)

hehe That's what I like about Charles..
    Last edited by thewizeard; 03-17-2007 at 07:41 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    ..a couple more on mysterious Dartmoor

That's my daughter, Maaike and (ex) wife in the Photograph

Maaike is 18 years now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast