Thread: greedytorrent

moca
    Does any one had any experience with this program ?

http://www.greedytorrent.com/

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    nope sorry never used it

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Yoga's Avatar \ ( ^ 0 ^ ) / BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Why do you have to encourage other new users to cheat with you?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    these kind of clients are designed to scam money out of the kind of morons who would cheat in the first place...they dont work on any private tracker with decent admins!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DH-Sysop
    It will be banned from every major tracker soon enough, and all people attempting to use it will be banned also.

I find it amusing how some people think they can design a program that is impossible to detect, if one person can code it - others can decode it. Plain and simple.

I wouldn't recommend using it unless you want to be banned on 90% of private torrent sites.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    [quote=ACiD;1831924]
    I find it amusing how some people think they can design a program that is impossible to detect, if one person can code it - others can decode it. Plain and simple.[quote]

There are such programs that are practically impossible to detect in heavily seeded, fast swarms. Cheating isn't always a function of the program, it can also depend on the skill of the user.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    [QUOTE=Sentient;1833112][quote=ACiD;1831924]
    I find it amusing how some people think they can design a program that is impossible to detect, if one person can code it - others can decode it. Plain and simple.

There are such programs that are practically impossible to detect in heavily seeded, fast swarms. Cheating isn't always a function of the program, it can also depend on the skill of the user.
    Despite what the coder tells you about his program... it can be detected. I have already caught a few people using it on my site.
    (When you post it as open source it allows people to read up on how it does what it does.)

Still doing more tests but im sure the private torrent sites in general will come up with a way to detect all users using this.
    Cheats like this only work for so long before we find out how to stop them.
    I personally wouldnt recommend using this on any private communities cause when you are caught cheating on 1 you will eventually be banned across the board.