Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Save Internet Radio

  1. #1
    UntamedDarknes's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    32
    This topic may have already been posted but I need to make sure it's known

    As probably many of you know the RIAA wants to make Internet radio impossible to afford if anyone would like to get more information on this go to ....

    www.savenetradio.org

    I am one of many who have had to shut down because of the expense of royalties.

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,006
    One has to say that it's hardly surprising, them taking offfence at you broadcasting their material without paying the appropriate royalties. Anyone doing so is kind of offering themself up as an easy target one would have thought.

    I'm not making a value judgement here, just saying like.

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    One has to say that it's hardly surprising, them taking offfence at you broadcasting their material without paying the appropriate royalties. Anyone doing so is kind of offering themself up as an easy target one would have thought.

    I'm not making a value judgement here, just saying like.
    Just so-

    It's one thing to make one's self a target by virtue of filesharing activities, but quite another to stand on a ladder in a brightly colored shirt, tormenting those who would oppose you.

    You've made an easy target of yourself...again, as Ag says, no judgment intended.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Posts
    13,107
    How can they stop internet radio? ah only in america, im not in america so?

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,607
    Quote Originally Posted by UntamedDarknes View Post
    This topic may have already been posted but I need to make sure it's known

    As probably many of you know the RIAA wants to make Internet radio impossible to afford if anyone would like to get more information on this go to ....

    www.savenetradio.org


    I am one of many who have had to shut down because of the expense of royalties
    Never heard of them, the RIAA you say?

    Host your servers in the Netherlands or on Sealand

    http://www.mensap2p.com/Imagine_If/sealand.gif

    http://shoutcast.com/directory/?s=mensap2p and tune in

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Posts
    13,107
    sealand lol
    thats where 99% of spam comes from then.

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    LOL@sealand

    If theyr going to take away whats semi-legitimate its just going to push people deeper into piracy.

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,607
    Quote Originally Posted by totally Alien5
    sealand lol
    thats where 99% of spam comes from then.
    Not in the least, the Spam comes from "Zeeland" the Netherlands, which is only coincidently, where my offices are based.



    UntamedDarknes, this must be your lucky day, two strokes of luck in one day is quite unusual! First you find this forum and post your Internet Radio problem, on it, second,..I am in the position to be able rent you some "floor"space" on Sealand, perhaps you also require a passport? All these thing can be arranged.. No Royalties to be paid. A Torrent Site and Internet radio relay station? Your dreams are at the very point of "materializing"
    Write further details of your custom requirements, here in this thread and I will be back to you within the week.

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Posts
    13,107
    i watched a bbc tv program about sealand i know exactly what they do there.

    porn and gambling sites + a little bit of spam.

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,607
    We do more than that ..

    Why only recently, I downloaded some very interesting software, Starry Night Pro 6 using my public BitTorrenttracker..

    this one

    http://www.starrynight.com/

    and often sit these days before my monitor, gazing at Heavenly Bodies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •