Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shooters

Raven Shield is a good game

2. Games   -   #12
    first person shooter is where you see what the character sees and you just see the gun in front of you, such as RTCW and MOH and HL. third person shooters are games such as max payne where you see the whole character and you can see bit behind.

3. Games   -   #13
    Originally posted by tommy1987@30 May 2003 - 08:43
    first person shooter is where you see what the character sees and you just see the gun in front of you, such as RTCW and MOH and HL. third person shooters are games such as max payne where you see the whole character and you can see bit behind.
    thanks for the explanation

4. Games   -   #14
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    MOH is the best first person shooter i reckon.

third persons dont work as well i think

5. Games   -   #15
    I prefer 3rd person shooters....i hate walking around with horse blinders ...you have no peripheral vision ....someone could be standing right next to you one foot away ready to blow your brains out and you cant see them because of the damn horse blinders

You have to constantly be turning your head to the left and right to have some peripheral vision...get a box ,cut the bottom out, tape it around your head and go out and try to play paint ball or something, you will get your ass kicked from people you cant see, standing directly next to you

I like the way Splinter Cell was made...you get to see your character, and have some degree of peripheral vision considering its not really 3D.

And games today are more like playing the lead role in a movie...could you imagine watching a movie all in first person view....you develop no connection to the character your playing because you cant see him

All games should have an option to go back and forth between first and third person view

6. Games   -   #16
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    The max payne rip thats floating around kazaa works fine on my XP machine

file is called

Max Payne (It works Perfectly) (1) and its 247 or so MB in size, only some of the music is ripped, I like playing it with the Matrix soundtrack running in the background

Anyway, I like UT2003 and the original UT is excellent also, Alien versus predator 2 is incredibly scary and good also

7. Games   -   #17
    Originally posted by Kevhead2@30 May 2003 - 09:50
    I prefer 3rd person shooters....i hate walking around with horse blinders ...you have no peripheral vision ....someone could be standing right next to you one foot away ready to blow your brains out and you cant see them because of the damn horse blinders

You have to constantly be turning your head to the left and right to have some peripheral vision...get a box ,cut the bottom out, tape it around your head and go out and try to play paint ball or something, you will get your ass kicked from people you cant see, standing directly next to you

I like the way Splinter Cell was made...you get to see your character, and have some degree of peripheral vision considering its not really 3D.

And games today are more like playing the lead role in a movie...could you imagine watching a movie all in first person view....you develop no connection to the character your playing because you cant see him

All games should have an option to go back and forth between first and third person view
    True but first persons are more realistic and you have better aim....

8. Games   -   #18
    what? no DOOM fans out there.. for all those old enuff to remember when doom was the greatest thing on the planet gaming wise.
    cant wait to see DOOM3 shortly...

9. Games   -   #19
    Doom 2, Unreal Tournament are very good games but Halo has to come first

10. Games   -   #20
    But if you only shortened it out to pc games the halo would not come first would it? I would have to say pc wise. . . . UTK2003

Cool and fun online game to play!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast