Thread: Compression

wassup people,

i have a few divx movies. and wish to compress them with xvid via virtual dub mp3/virtual dub

could you please tell me how, the reason being because i am purchasing a kiss dvd player and i know they play xvid files. so i'm gonna compress all my movies to xvid so please could some one tell me how

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    kiss dvd plays divx.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    does it play divx3.11.
    i dont think they are aloud to use the codec for that because it was a hack of the m$ codecs.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hey 4play...I forgot where I read about it...I think it was in hardware world, but apparently the new versions of the Kiss Player will play DIvx 3.1 films. Pretty nifty B)

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    harrycary's Avatar Poster

hotindew
    i have a few divx movies. and wish to compress them with xvid via virtual dub mp3/virtual dub
    Why on earth would you want to compress a movie that has already been compressed? (that's what DIVX is, a compression scheme, like XVID)

What you need to do is convert the divx movie to a VCD(or SVCD).

Read this post.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    why convert to s, vcd when with a kissplayer play it in the format that i downloading it in. isnt that the point of having a divx player?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Forum Star
    Just change the FourCC code of a DivX 3.11 encode movie to that of a FourCC code that is supported by your player.

No need to re-encode the video.

The K-Lite Codec Pack has a FourCC code changer program.

There is a firmware upgrade for the KiSS player, so that it supports DivX 3.11

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    just out of interest, what's a fourCC code?