Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is My Computer Screwed?

Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    XP Services - Right click 'my pc', manage, services.

You will see all the start up services that run on XP there, the ms config option is also a good tip to see what is starting when your pc boots.

If all that is ok, then i reccomend...just dont look at cpu useage, if your pc works fine then it dont matter!!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    By the way, de fragging wont affect your cpu usage at all, that is bolax!!!

All that will do is de frag file on your hard drive to make them unbroken ( un fragmented)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Try downloading SPybot Search and Destroy You'd be surprised about the amount of spyware you probably have on your computer. Its also amazing how these pieces of sh*t freeze/crash up your computer so much! Don't forget to update your definitions before you scan!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Not one single person is aware of the faulty update from MS that causes this overuse?
    If you have this update listed in add/remove programs, remove it!
    (811493)
    Ignore any warnings about programs not working and disable auto updates to keep it from reinstalling.
    I agree with this information. You must have done an update via Windows Update. There have been issues with slowdowns after that update is done. Just uninstall that one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12