Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summer! Wooooooo! Kickass!

Originally posted by nahan+30 May 2003 - 01:48--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nahan @ 30 May 2003 - 01:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Z@30 May 2003 - 07:37
    canadian history sucks. big time.
    I dont know about that ,In history the teacher told us that Canadians
    stormed the White House took it over and set it on fire. [/b][/quote]
    its true. the americans then painted it white.

they take pride in that in canada. its one of their only defenses against why their history is good and why they are better than the US. and they also won the war of 1812. few important moments for canada in canada-america history.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    LOL...I like how this thread went from...what your doing over the summer...to defending the great nation of Canada. Anywho, this summer...Ill be working, working, working, and when Im not doing that Ill be with my girl, watching a flick, or posting on this forum. Fun fun. Not looking forward to Junior Year of Mechanical Engineering...

3. Lounge   -   #23
    hey im looking into doing mechanical engineering in university.

whats it like? i need to know.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Well...umm...its hard, well if you have a solid foundation in Calc and Physics I guess not as much...but its still one of the harder majors there are. I guess your classes depend on your school. Plus I went in with all my calc classes done so I didnt have to worry about that. Engineering Design and Engineering Seminar are first year courses...and are actually pretty easy. Plus the major still allows room for electives. Ive taken two film classes, and Im taken another one next semester. Im also taken a foreign language. You onle have to take two semesters of English...which is nice. Youll have to do some programming courses (basic stuff though). Then you get into the actual mechanic courses...involving fluids, mechanics, machine dynamics...etc. I meani f you like knowing how things work...Id highly suggest the career field. But there will be some hard ass courses...Thermodynamics chewed me up and spit me out. I barely passed. And I have to take Thermo 2 next semester [drops head]. Oh plus on top of this you take your gen. ed. courses (history...art...gov...etc). Ive really enjoyed myself though...and have done some great co-ops and research with professors. This coming year Im thinking of doing overseas study in Japan...and that could be really fun. Again..if your into this kinda of stuff, and are willing to work hard I highly recommend it...I myself still have 6 years to go (Im going for my doctorate...).

5. Lounge   -   #25
    groggman - where do you go? im looking at u of toronto.

i like things like engineering. the way things work and such. designing mechanics, machines, robotics, automobiles, and general technology. that sort of stuff. i think i might want to do this.
    but what kind of job are you looking for afterwards?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Hey Z...this will be my last post for the night, but Ill check in on your response tommorow. Anywho, Im going to the University of Oklahoma right now...but Ill be going to Penn. St. in the fall. And then hopefully to Stanford or Columbia for grad school. As for what kind of job...hmm...thats a long way off man...but anything in the field of robotics would be interesting to me, sony has a good program for mechanical as well as electrical engineers if I want to go the commercial. Route...but Ive also been looking into the CIA Directoriate of Science and Technology...theyre the geeks who make all the cool spy gadgets Or I may just choose a lucrative research position at a University...I got alot of chocies, and so do you bro B)

7. Lounge   -   #27
    i cant do ne thing its god damn WINTER over her in nz

but wen it is suma im gonna:

buy sum new clothes
    go swimming
    chillout with ma friends
    go on tha compyta
    tork to u&#39;s
    and sum utha things but i cant think of them right now

8. Lounge   -   #28
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Well i live in the UK (Northern Ireland) and ive had enough of it

This summer(in 5 weeks) im moving to Spain to live permanently. In Barcelona. my girlfriend is spanish so this is a main reason, but i love the country too. I cant fucking wait
    so this summer ill be on beaches quite a lot, with my girl quite a lot, learning spanish quite a lot, and bumming around quite a lot. sounds good to me

i want to get out of the rat race...and I realise that there is more to life than this....

im gonna get some sort of job for the time being to tide me over until im fluent, and have saved a bit

then its back to studying for me &#33;&#33;
    computing science is my field
    love new and emerging technologies

hey groggster interesting course ur doin there&#33;&#33;
    6 years man&#33;&#33; fucking hell thats a lot &#33;&#33;
    im sure itll be worth it tho. and japan? that would be cool. their technology is unbelievable compared to here. couldnt see myself living there tho&#33;

im going for the nice quiet life

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    well in approx 2 weeks time i am going to move in with my auntie in connecticut for 3 weeks then i am going to barbados for a fortnight (thats two weeks for all you americans who will ask later what a fornight is) ad if i dont get the best tan of my life then i will be a bit annoyed - to put it nicely.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    TRshady
    My plan is this:

1)Get home after breaking up
    2) Go to bed
    3) Wake up and rush for school 6 week later

I call it ............... hibernation

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast