Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Us Versus Iraq

  1. #1
    Poster
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    64
    It is still going on, isn't it.
    THAT was supposed to be a quickly-in-and-quickly-out-war with no friendly casualties.....
    well THAT sounds too much like Korea or Vietnam ... too close for comfort, anyway...
    WHAT will Mr. Bush think up next? The Neutron-Bomb?
    I guess he fell a foot or two away from the apple-tree.

    Well.... it all DOES add some exitement to our lives

    We all have to go to sleep wondering will the terrorists drop a 747 onto our heads FIRST or will Mr. Bush Junior push the Big Red Button ...and blow us all to the kingdom come from this sorry land of misfortunes....

    Nice choices, BOTH of them.... personally I'm not very keen on either one.

    So...on THAT note... good night and SLEEP TIGHT!

    .... and PEACE!!!

    H.H.

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    Well, H.H., that took no time at all did it?
    One day and 12 posts and already you've jumped into the deep end.
    Welcome.
    Do you own any Nomex underwear?
    Are you prepared to be subjected to intense scrutiny and even stunning condescention?
    Get thyself girded and once again, welcome.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    By the way H.H.-

    How severe is the threat of terrorism in Finland?

    Have you had incidents that went unreported over here in complacent, self-absorbed America?

    What was the Finnish government's official stance on our incursion?

    What is your take on the pulse of the Finnish populace in general?

    Outside of being thrilled to death that we buy so many Nokia phones, how are Americans percieved over/up there?

    Inquiring minds want to know...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    I would'nt say out right how I feel about the connection between terrorism in the States and war in Iraq
    to do so might cause offence, Also theres no direct proof - As yet.

    However I will quote Hermann Goering

    "Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany.
    That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.
    Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.
    It works the same in any country."

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Originally posted by cyprushil@29 May 2003 - 14:45
    I would'nt  say out right how I feel about the connection between terrorism in the States and war in Iraq
    to do so might cause offence, Also theres no direct proof - As yet.

    However I will quote Hermann Goering

    "Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany.
    That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.
    Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.
    It works the same in any country."
    OOOOOOOOHHH!!!

    Do I wish I wasn't just thrashed for time right now!

    Cyprushil-

    Old Hermann was absolutely correct as regards Germany in the late '30s, when all media consisted of state-controlled newspapers and radio (much less widely propagated but still state-controlled).

    Things are a bit different today, are they not?

    Re: the latent urge of some to compare Bush to Adolph Hitler-I HAVE read "Mein Kampf", and oddly enough, there is no similarity of circumstance there, either.

    Indeed, where are we when the perspective of history is so twisted the commentary devolves to comparisons of the U.S. and Hitler's Germany?

    Oh, well-

    Cyprushil, I suggest you take the intervening time I'm going to allow you to further develop your, um, case-perhaps our new guest H.H. will deign to render his aid in this foolish enterprise; when I return, I will either arrive in time to apply the final flame, or sweep up the residue. (Depends on my schedule).

    I sincerely hope you enjoy the forum-WELCOME!!

    P.S.-remember to keep your hands up and defend yourself at all times; also pay attention to posture and punctuation-THANKS!
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    J2k4

    Firstly I'm sorry if my use of English Grammer was not up to sratch, I've been speaking, writing and reading in a Ponetic Lanuage for the last 18 months, so I guess my Mother Tougue has suffered without me noticing. Thanks for pointing it out.

    Secondly, If your busy schedule allows it why not have a search on the Internet for "9/11 Conspiracies", and you might some answers as to why I think the way I do.

    Who knows, if your able to open your mind a little bit and forget the bullshit you've had pumped into you, you may find some questions you'd like answering yourself.

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Originally posted by cyprushil@29 May 2003 - 16:30
    J2k4

    Firstly I'm sorry if my use of English Grammer was not up to sratch, I've been speaking, writing and reading in a Ponetic Lanuage for the last 18 months, so I guess my Mother Tougue has suffered without me noticing. Thanks for pointing it out.

    Secondly, If your busy schedule allows it why not have a search on the Internet for "9/11 Conspiracies", and you might some answers as to why I think the way I do.

    Who knows, if your able to open your mind a little bit and forget the bullshit you've had pumped into you, you may find some questions you'd like answering yourself.
    Quickly-
    I wasn't demeaning your grammar, merely urging you to continue in your currently competent way; some post here with similar utility and commence to suffer a semantic "melt-down" once things heat up.

    My caution was meant only to keep the potential misunderstandings (this being an international forum) to a minimum-we've had some ugly exchanges over such things, all due to the variety which makes this such a special place.

    Without going too much further at the moment (it's a day off for me, I've got some chorin' to do), I will note for you that to study conspiracies of any type, other than to gather pure knowledge about "conspiracies" proper, is a recipe for disaster if done as preparation for debate.

    Simply put, one does not seek "answers" by studying conspiracies.

    As far as opening my mind, it has been open all my life; all that resides therein was carefully placed there by yours truly-I "pump" my own.
    It helps to know where to find good info; it helps even more to know what to do with it once you obtain it.

    As far as bullshit goes, I steer around it, otherwise it gets tracked around where other people can find it, thus fertilizing their ignorance.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    How come everybody else gets all the "real" news and we in the the US are spoonfed lies by our government controlled media.

    Where do they get the assurance that they are not listening to lies as fostered by their media and their agendas.

    I laugh at this consistent trait among posters of this type. They have the real dope, we only know lies. Sure, whatever you need to believe to keep your reality alive.

    Here in the US, I find that Government channel #1 is all I need for the TRUE FACTS 24/7. After all, it is our only source of media, right.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    Originally posted by j2k4+29 May 2003 - 20:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 29 May 2003 - 20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--cyprushil@29 May 2003 - 14:45
    I would&#39;nt* say out right how I feel about the connection between terrorism in the States and war in Iraq
    to do so might cause offence, Also theres no direct proof - As yet.

    However I will quote Hermann Goering

    "Naturally the common people don&#39;t want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany.
    That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.
    Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.
    It works the same in any country."
    OOOOOOOOHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;

    Do I wish I wasn&#39;t just thrashed for time right now&#33;

    Cyprushil-

    Old Hermann was absolutely correct as regards Germany in the late &#39;30s, when all media consisted of state-controlled newspapers and radio (much less widely propagated but still state-controlled).

    Things are a bit different today, are they not?

    Re: the latent urge of some to compare Bush to Adolph Hitler-I HAVE read "Mein Kampf", and oddly enough, there is no similarity of circumstance there, either.

    Indeed, where are we when the perspective of history is so twisted the commentary devolves to comparisons of the U.S. and Hitler&#39;s Germany?

    Oh, well-

    Cyprushil, I suggest you take the intervening time I&#39;m going to allow you to further develop your, um, case-perhaps our new guest H.H. will deign to render his aid in this foolish enterprise; when I return, I will either arrive in time to apply the final flame, or sweep up the residue. (Depends on my schedule).

    I sincerely hope you enjoy the forum-WELCOME&#33;&#33;

    P.S.-remember to keep your hands up and defend yourself at all times; also pay attention to posture and punctuation-THANKS&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Well actually, Blaire could declare war without Parliament behind him, never mind the populace...(He can use whats called &#39;the Queens Prorogative&#39;....which means he can declare war etc etc...exactly the same as the monarch could in the past, over-riding the Houses of Parliament)

    The UK will stick by its troops...and so yes, he would be dragging th epopulation behind him.

    And this isnt a State with controlled newspapers, radio and television.



    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Originally posted by hobbes@29 May 2003 - 23:30
    How come everybody else gets all the "real" news and we in the the US are spoonfed lies by our government controlled media.

    Where do they get the assurance that they are not listening to lies as fostered by their media and their agendas.

    I laugh at this consistent trait among posters of this type. They have the real dope, we only know lies. Sure, whatever you need to believe to keep your reality alive.

    Here in the US, I find that Government channel #1 is all I need for the TRUE FACTS 24/7. After all, it is our only source of media, right.
    there&#39;s more value to the argument that you give credit for, hobbes. there are lots of reasons why US media is more narrow, conservative, homogenous than that of other states. Have you spent some time abroad? the difference in media coverage is unmistakable.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •