Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FLAC music tracker wanted...

JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Alco23 View Post
    Oooo... thanks for the screenie Stam, looks interesting.
    Nice list of Flac files, I hope there's more as I don't see any of the classical genre.

I'll keep trying to erax, thanks for the suggestion. If it's no good for me I'll give it away save someone else trying to hammer the site waiting for a free spot.
    A hammering program for firefox is Check4change
    eee

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Is it possible to play flac on regular cd players?

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    Fulanito's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    Is it possible to play flac on regular cd players?
    never tried.

I'm after an invite to trackers that host a large collection of FLAC encoded music, mainly classical and mainstream music.

I already have OiNK and Demoniod for most content but I'm hoping to find a tracker with a little more speed. I have no problems seeding on OiNK so I don't think keeping a ratio with a FLAC based tracker will be a problem.

I have heard much about E***o and BTmusic but have no real idea of what they have in content or their speed. Can someone give me this information and does anyone have a spare invite?

Feel free to PM me screenies showing their content .

Thanks
    E**go has a good collection in flac files combined with old music and new music.
    " I didn't want to become Peruvian, i just got lucky "

No preocupetion mister! A mi los Apaches me apapachan!
    Once a noob, always a noob!

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    some cd players play flac but the majority don't

so you have to convert to wav first

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    Alco23's Avatar Karma... BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    In addition, some "mp3" players also play FLAC with a modded firmware (iRivers) .

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Ok so you guys basically only download flac music to listen to on your pc or can you convert them to say 320?
    What is the best quality music besides flac that is playable on regular cd players is it 320 or v0?Can you convert flac to 320 and if so which program do you use to do it?I just like my music to be the highest possible quality.
    Thanks guys for the help i appreciate it.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Alco23's Avatar Karma... BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    The way I have my system set up is to play FLAC files through my PC. The PC is hooked up to my speaker system (hi-fi/amplifier) via spdif.
    I use foobar2k to play my music files and use kernal streaming or passthrough.
    You can convert FLAC to 320kbp mp3 if you wish, a simple click in you foobar does it easily.
    Some people can hear the difference between lossless FLAC compression and a lossy compression like mp3. Up to the user really... I prefer FLAC because I find the different instruments in classical music a little more distinct. For other genres my ears aren't as picky but I just prefer FLAC cause I'm anal .

/edit: Some interesting articles about audio compression you might be interested in:
    Lossless comparison.
    Lossless vs lossy formats.
    Last edited by Alco23; 03-21-2007 at 09:58 AM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    Thanks alco.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaAlba View Post
    Oooo... thanks for the screenie Stam, looks interesting.
    Nice list of Flac files, I hope there's more as I don't see any of the classical genre.

I'll keep trying to erax, thanks for the suggestion. If it's no good for me I'll give it away save someone else trying to hammer the site waiting for a free spot.
    A hammering program for firefox is Check4change
    Can also use TabMixPlus and the 'Reload Every' option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12