Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help installing torrentflux

iStix's Avatar I'm rich b*ch!!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I will use Linux first time, and I don't know how to install and use torrentflux on leeware, can anyone help me...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sperm's Avatar lol BT Rep: +1
    ... for now, though going to play at home and try and write something better
    Last edited by sperm; 03-23-2007 at 02:54 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    ty, i needed this too

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    iStix's Avatar I'm rich b*ch!!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    yum install mysql-server
    I know for sure this command didn't work for me...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by iStix View Post
    yum install mysql-server
    I know for sure this command didn't work for me...
    What Linux distro are you using? Might be "sudo apt-get install mysql-server" if you are using Ubuntu, or "sudo aptitude install mysql-server"

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I think it's Fedora Apache... I don't know what it means though...

I'm mac OSX user, it's on Unix too, but dude, that's two very different things, thats for sure... :S

I'm stuck here...
    8, open up your browser and bash in your url www.******.*******.com/whatever/index.php and see if you get your torrentflux installation, login if you do!
    When I try to aaces it I get blank page and nothing happens, BTW I installed SQL through My SQL page
    Last edited by iStix; 03-21-2007 at 01:49 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I've been told linux is much easier to use, but everyone telling me that is a comp sci major or software engineer! That looks kind of tough above...but I want to learn too since I want to set up a vps

Thanks for the post

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    sperm's Avatar lol BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by iStix View Post
    I think it's Fedora Apache... I don't know what it means though...

I'm mac OSX user, it's on Unix too, but dude, that's two very different things, thats for sure... :S

I'm stuck here...
    8, open up your browser and bash in your url www.******.*******.com/whatever/index.php and see if you get your torrentflux installation, login if you do!
    When I try to aaces it I get blank page and nothing happens, BTW I installed SQL through My SQL page
    open your a text editor, add the following and save it as test.php then upload it to /var/www/html.

<?php

phpinfo();

?>
    you will then need to browse to www.******.leeware.com/test.php

this will let you know if php is working correctly! you should see something like this is php is working, look down the page to see if the mysql extension has loaded (see below)

if you dont see anything like this, double check that you added the line
    extension=mysql.so
    in step 7.

oh, and for everyone else the os is Redhat Linux Fedora 6 with webmin
    Last edited by sperm; 03-21-2007 at 07:42 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I did 7 th step as shown, but still can't see mysql when trying to access test.php page... There is a lot of stuff, but mysql.

People please help me... I'll reward with some great invite later... I just need to get my seedbox running... Dunno nothing about Linux so it's a very big problem for me... I need Torrentflux or better utorrent running on it. Any program would work, it's still better than nothing..
    Last edited by iStix; 03-21-2007 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    You might be missing the component that allows php to communicate with MySQL. Open Terminal or Console or whatever Fedora calls it (basically the same thing as a DOS window)and try "yum -y install php-mysql"

Or you could try "yum -y install httpd php mysql mysql-server php-mysql" to make sure the whole set is installed correctly and dependencies are handled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast