Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Router backdoor?

can I curse? FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post

lol? His parents changed the password... Its not admin anymore.

Edit: Assuming his parents don't know how to setup the router except for the password, it should be ok to reset.
    But if the router is reset then the password that the parents setup won't work anymore. They will find out that it was reset (hacked).
    Yeah but I guess you would have to go by chance that they won't check it since they already set the password. And if you reset it, doesn't it go back to default pass?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    But if the router is reset then the password that the parents setup won't work anymore. They will find out that it was reset (hacked).
    Yeah but I guess you would have to go by chance that they won't check it since they already set the password. And if you reset it, doesn't it go back to default pass?
    Yes it goes back to the default password if reset but if the parents changed the password to something other that the default then their password won't work anymore. They'll have to revert back the default password to gain access. A definite clue to them that the router was reset.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    I bet they've written it down somewhere,ave a look round their desk,or in their documents folder in their comp.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    If you know what the settings are, you could reset to factory defaults, change the password to something you know but they don't, then put the settings as they left them plus any additions you want to make.

When they next want to change things they will find their password doesn't work, and their only way in will be to revert to factory defaults again - wiping any evidence of your interference.

This won't work if they log in to the router regularly, and if you try it more than once you will definitely be under suspicion.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12