Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Router backdoor?

Hi, my parents recently changed the router we use, now i dont have any ports fowarded and they changed the password on it. I was wondering if anyone out there knew how to get into the router so i could foward some ports and enjoy good internet speeds again. I dont want to reset the router because then my parents would know i changed stuff if they were to check.
    The router is a linksys BEFSX41 if it helps

Thank you in advance

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    If there were any backdoors then these routers would be useless since they would be wide open to every hacker on the planet.

Assuming that your parents haven't disabled uPNP then some software (for example utorrent) can utilise that feature to set up dynamic port forwarding.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    can I curse? FUCK!
    or press the reset button on the router?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    or try your phone number for the passkey??? funny, but htat is what Lynksis suggested when setting up your network... SO you will remember. LOL
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I would not advise the reset option unless you know how to reconfigure it. To help you, you will need to post the make, type, build, and what applications you wish to work, on your parent's router. ( including those of your parents)

make a choice here http://www.portforward.com/english/r...FSX41index.htm
    Last edited by thewizeard; 03-21-2007 at 03:54 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Even with a new password on Linksys Routers, you can normally access it without the pass.

Most of the time if you leave the username blank, and just type "Admin" as the pass it will go right on in to the settings even if there is another username and pass.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory View Post
    Even with a new password on Linksys Routers, you can normally access it without the pass.

Most of the time if you leave the username blank, and just type "Admin" as the pass it will go right on in to the settings even if there is another username and pass.
    lol? His parents changed the password... Its not admin anymore.

Edit: Assuming his parents don't know how to setup the router except for the password, it should be ok to reset.
    Last edited by Shiranai_Baka; 03-21-2007 at 09:37 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory View Post

lol? His parents changed the password... Its not admin anymore.

Edit: Assuming his parents don't know how to setup the router except for the password, it should be ok to reset.
    But if the router is reset then the password that the parents setup won't work anymore. They will find out that it was reset (hacked).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    why not just ask them for it?
    and why does it matter if they know you reset it?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    why not just ask them for it?
    and why does it matter if they know you reset it?
    I figure that he's trying to be sneaky. I bet his parents have even asked him to stop being sneaky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast