Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion

Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by marksman View Post
    also what annoys me most now..is..look @ most of the giveaways threads..u will find the *good giveaway* word bazzillion of times!..
    I beg to differ but "good luck m8" is 10x more annoying. Maybe because they're more frequent. Ten elite brains proposal is good but it shouldnt be necessary.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    but you see some people do that, close the thread and then open it to bump and close again...

the posts get automerged if you post within 6 hours from your last post

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Nice offer (?)

The useless comments help bumping the thread

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    Good luck m8

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    actually in this section a BUMP button would be useful, which could be used 3 times a day or such, otherwise the thread would be closed.

good luck mate is really awful, but this is the worst offer ever is maybe even worse

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    lol yeah, but some just make new threads about exactly the same topic which is even more worse...

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    ten elite brains's Avatar /\ anagram /\ BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by khartman View Post
    Good luck m8

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    medo's Avatar FST Elite BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramorpg View Post
    Nice offer (?)

The useless comments help bumping the thread

i am agree with this as i can't pump my thread in this active forum because i have to wait 6 hours between posts to bump it up.If i closed the thread it will be in the 2nd page soon and not everybody will see it
    Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    josephs911's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
    but it helps u bump the thread
    Yeah all those good lucks and other comments help you bump and stay on top of the page which is good for users looking
    “When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by ten elite brains View Post
    I see a lot of threads for trades with either:

1. I have X, Y & Z to trade PM me with offers.

2. I need X, PM me with what you need for it.

My suggestion is that the OP closes the thread a soon as they have posted it. Therefore you don't get all the lame 'Good Luck' or 'Nice offer' or even 'PM sent' posts which are just pointless.

If you need to make a trade with that person then just PM them as they requested. If you want to know that they got (and read your PM) just tick the 'Request a read receipt for this message' box before you send it. So long as they confirm this of course.

If you don't know how to cloase a thread here's how:

You can also re-open the thread to bump it (I think, I'm not to sure about the doublepost automerge thing - Mod/Admin?).

I know this won't work universally, but hopefully for those just wanting to deal in PMs it should help.

Let me know what you guys/gals think...

EDIT: As I was about to hit 'Submit New Thread' button I noticed there is a tick box to 'Close this thread after you submit your message' lol
    It's a good idea so long as all of the necessary info has been included in the original post, and the would be repliers don't need to ask any questions.

I for one get extremely annoyed at incessant posts such as - "good luck", "good giveaway", "nice offer" "PM sent", etc. I would delete them, but there are simply too many. I spend enough time as it is deleting "thanks" from the OPEN SIGNUPS thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I completely agree on all thos annoying good luck, good offer posts... but the pm´d you posts (and the others too thou they are stupid) have one purpose that I see...It keeps bumping your thread. If noone would relpy the thread is on page 2 after 3-4 hours. you can only have a doublepost every 6 hours and that keeps your thread on the top...
    The posts would not be bumped to the next page nearly that fast as they wouldn't constantly be "bumped".

yo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast