Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestion

FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    << I personally think its good. It shows community. It would be pretty dry w/ not comments....one of the big reasons why i like FST over ZP < Its community
    Proud Member of:

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I completely agree on all thos annoying good luck, good offer posts... but the pmīd you posts (and the others too thou they are stupid) have one purpose that I see...It keeps bumping your thread. If noone would relpy the thread is on page 2 after 3-4 hours. you can only have a doublepost every 6 hours and that keeps your thread on the top...
    The posts would not be bumped to the next page nearly that fast as they wouldn't constantly be "bumped".
    true, if all of a sudden everyone would stop bumping, but I think the chances of that happening are not that great...

Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    << I personally think its good. It shows community. It would be pretty dry w/ not comments....one of the big reasons why i like FST over ZP < Its community
    Very true, would be pretty boring without comments but reading a whole page of thanks, good job!, great giveaway! and so on can be rather annoying
    Last edited by Panther; 03-22-2007 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    [QUOTE=Panther;1850687]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

The posts would not be bumped to the next page nearly that fast as they wouldn't constantly be "bumped".
    true, if all of a sudden everyone would stop bumping, but I think the chances of that happening are not that great...

You're missing the point the original poster made. If the thread is locked, then no one can "bump" it.

yo

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    ten elite brains's Avatar /\ anagram /\ BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Like the title of the thread indicates, this is just a suggestion. Well maybe more like advice. Im not saying everyone should adopt it, just those who prefer to deal via PM. The amount of threads I see where people ask to be PMd and then the thread contains one meaniful reply out of about 6 or so with the rest being just dribble.

I for one prefer to only trade via PM. If someone has a question then it is no more effort to send a PM than it is to post in the thread. This may make me out to be a paranoid tight-arse but that doesn't mean I don't give any invites out. Even Skizo has been on the receiving end of a freebie.

This was not intended to be used for all 'types' of threads, for example if you have a giveaway, you don't want your inbox filling up with peoples screenshots. Or if you have say an FTN invite and you are after a buffered OiNK you can ask people to post there buffers and everyone can see where they stand in comparison.

As for 'bumps' I think 6 hrs is short enough, thats 4 a day. I know this forum is unique in its content but from experience I have always followed the rule of 1 bump a day. Perhaps the number of threads per page could be increased from 25?

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by marksman View Post
    yea i became totally anoyyed with that

also what annoys me most now..is..look @ most of the giveaways threads..u will find the *good giveaway* word bazzillion of times!..
    good post!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123