Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Want A Dvd That Plays Avi, Mpeg!

Originally posted by IHATEFAKEFILES@29 May 2003 - 19:57
    If there is such a thing, A DVD player that can play about anything. From .avi , .mpg, .rp, .jpg, .mov, .utp

It there is one, I want one!

Where is the technology?
    yeah, it's called a PC with a tv-out card.

seriously tho, the KiSS dvd players support mpeg 1, mpeg 2 and mpeg 4 (divx/xvid/avi). that's about the best you're going to find right now, which is nonetheless a great step forward for dvd players.

formats like .rm and .mov are closed-source internet media formats, and support for those just ain't gonna happen.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@30 May 2003 - 07:33
    yeah, it's called a PC with a tv-out card. 

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Poster
    my dvd plays mpegs but it doesnt play avi's, i have a program called NTI Cd-maker it converts avi to vcd etc but i need an MPEG 2 encoder and you need to pay for it ! if you know were to get it for free, let me know

Thanks,

Rambler
    signature removed, check the board rules.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Poster
    out of topic,but does ne1 know of a good brand 4 a dvd player dat plays smoothly over scratched dvds coz my pioneer cant play shit even with a single scratch on a dvd..................

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}+30 May 2003 - 05:49--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ({I}{K}{E} @ 30 May 2003 - 05:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin---B-@30 May 2003 - 07:48
    I&#39;m thinking about getting an archos 120 (portable video/audio player) but not sure if it&#39;s worth the money yet.
    plays mpeg4, avi, divx/xvid 4.0 & 5.0
    what does it costs? [/b][/quote]
    I seen them going for &#036;333 to &#036;425....I&#39;m pretty sure archos released it already. But i&#39;m waiting for the 140, it has a 40GB harddrive...should cost about &#036;50 more.

Cool thing about this player is that you can record video from a TV (payper view/ DVD/VHS) to mpeg4 with the video module (sold seprately, &#036;50). I think you can bypass dvd protection, not sure though.

I&#39;m hopeing people that get these, record payper view sports events like ultimate fighting, boxing, and westling. Cause we don&#39;t have those channels here...

Plus you can use it as an external harddrive.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    shit i have to get me one of those &#33;&#33;&#33;

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    just out of interest is it possible to record from dvd to vhs with an ordinary dvd player

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Originally posted by hotindew@30 May 2003 - 10:14
    just out of interest is it possible to record from dvd to vhs with an ordinary dvd player
    yeah, but nearly all hollywood DVDs are protected by Macrovision, which thwarts attempts to copy the movies by screwing up the color and/or vertical hold when you feed the signal into a VCR.

so you either need to own a DVD player which is capable of disabling Macrovision, or you have to send the signal through a "video stabilizer" (not sure if all of them can defeat Macrovision, but many of them can at least) before connecting it to the VCR.

as far as i know, VCD/SVCD does not support Macrovision, so it is not an issue when copying those to VHS.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    the cheapest and probably most powerful way to play mpgs and avis and anything else pretty much aside from your computer is to get a modded xbox. theres a media player for it thats more powerful the windows media player pretty mcu, csan play mpg, avi, xvid, real meadia, everything. so fuck 600 dollars for a media player....

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Just found out that Archos releasd a new version of the AV120, it has a bigger lcd and looks cooler. Probably more expensive though.

archos AV300

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12