Thread: Trying To Get Ready For The Movie Ride

just a quick few questions.. first.. im a noob. everyone will no doubt notice that right off the bat.

ive tried downloading some of the movies from different sites and just cant get it to work. i know its not an issue with the quality of information, but the fact that this is the first time ive done it. ive downloaded kodec ( or however you spell it) and bs player.. but i just cant access them once i download them.. and when i try to burn them they come up as an empty file that cannot be oppened and for all i can tell looks empty.

can any of you experienced folks post a 1,2,3 on how to do this? there are probobly several different ways so any would be fine. im more interested in downloading the older movies ( as im an old fogie)
    but first have to understand how all this new fangled stuff works <hobbles over to his depends on his crome walker)

any help here would be welcome

thanks all.

ps. can you download smaller movies on cdw&#39;s or do they have to be DVD&#39;s. my kids love sponge bob and thier not too long is why i ask.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Is this question related to bittorrent? Or what sites are u thinking of downloading from??

Most of the people here use kazaa to download movies and tv episodes I think theres a guide to getting started in the FAQs, if u need more info just ask in the questions section and people will be happy to help.

Movies and episodes generally come as .avi files which compresses them so that an entire movie (from dvd) will fit onto a normal 700MB cdr with little loss of quality (sometimes for better quality people compress them to a size that will fit onto multiple cdr&#39;s) 1/2 hour episodes are generally around 100 - 150 MB so about 4 or 5 usually fit onto a cd.

I&#39;m not sure what the files u&#39;ve downloaded are, where did u get them from?