Thread: i need help with my Web Browser(firefox)

Diamonds4Ever's Avatar Anti-What? BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    ok guys, here the deal, yesterday, i purchased the new spyware doctor, after i installed it, i did a scan, i went to my task manager, and it was taking too much resource, so after i remove all the spyware and tracking cookies, i uninstalled the program, now i cant go to sum websites for sum reason, like TL, it will just disply this little icon, and on NBA.com i dont have the score board, please help me guys

For all of u guys who looked thanxx alot, i just ended up deleting history, and everything works well now
    Last edited by Diamonds4Ever; 03-24-2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    here's something to try. May work may not.

1. unhide all files and folders
    2. goto c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
    3. open up a text editor (like notepad)
    4. from the etc folder, drag the hosts file into the text editor.
    5. look to see if the sites that are blocked are listed in this file. if they are, then delete their entries and save the file. Do this for hosts 1.bak and hosts2.bak as well
    Last edited by mbucari1; 03-24-2007 at 10:25 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    here's something to try. May work may not.

1. unhide all files and folders
    2. goto c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
    3. open up a text editor (like notepad)
    4. from the etc folder, drag the hosts file into the text editor.
    5. look to see if the sites that are blocked are listed in this file. if they are, then delete their entries and save the file. Do this for hosts 1.bak and hosts2.bak as well
    He already said:

For all of u guys who looked thanxx alot, i just ended up deleting history, and everything works well now

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by loayunknown View Post
    ....ok guys, here the deal, yesterday, i purchased the new spyware doctor....
    I consider this a vulgar statement. Purchase, buy or pay. All vulgarities. Knock it off.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    He already said:

Sorry, I read the first paragraph and it sounded pretty streight foreward. I guess I thought the last sentence was part of his sig at a glance.

Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loayunknown View Post
    ....ok guys, here the deal, yesterday, i purchased the new spyware doctor....
    I consider this a vulgar statement. Purchase, buy or pay. All vulgarities. Knock it off.
    Agree 100%
    Last edited by mbucari1; 03-25-2007 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Why is there something wrong with buying things?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ChelseaManiac's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    lol, i for one do not buy anything, but it is an honourable thing to do