Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In Appreciation:what I Like About You

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I have, lately, been corresponding with an old friend about this forum-he is twisted the same way I am, and I felt he might enjoy the repartee if he had the time and inclination to join.

Although his status re: this forum is undecided, he did ask me, specifically, what it was like to muck around in an "International" venue; at the moment he asked me this, I realized how unprepared I was to reply just then-I had no glib answer, and told him so.

It subsequently occurred to me that I might entice him to lurk a bit; do some reading, and get back to me with his thoughts.

With that in mind, I will attempt an admittedly short-hand, hopefully inoffensive (fingers ARE crossed, ALL of them-toes, too-typing this is gonna be a bitch), but in my view, at least semi-accurate, snapshot of the players onstage here.

I will reiterate, here and now: NO OFFENCE IS INTENDED, though in light of the inevitability of at least a bit of same, I have taken the precaution of purchasing a rather large and comprehensive first-aid kit, and have a licensed medical professional on stand-by.

Here goes, in no particular order:

SuperJude: Have you ever played "DOOM"? SJ is one of those creatures who jumps out and filets, cooks, and eats his victims at the slightest provocation. He is, however, one of the good guys, and he's a New Yorker, through and through. Easily the greatest "flame-jockey" in this forum; just ask him.

MagicNakor: A wise, patient benefactor. He and I don't agree all too often, but, to put a slightly different spin on a common phrase, our agreements are deep and profound. MN can always be counted on to pop in with a salient caution or reminder.

RatFace: Ask him about the U.K.; you will get an answer that will provide the requisite information and everything else he feels you need to know.
    He has a way of giving info while giving you pause, too. A willing, capable, and knowledgable debator.

Lamsey: A repository of youthful intelligence with the willingness to express himself; his forthrightness will serve him well. His absentee rate is, of late, a bit disturbing.

WeeMouse: Likes her debate smothered in cheese; is always of good cheer, and earns kudos here for taking our thoughts to class as a means of earning good grades. She will also go far, paired as she is with young Lamsey.

JPaul/JmiF: A sour package of talent wrapped in unrelenting irascibility. Checks his breakfast cereal for "piss" content. Hasn't eaten an un-tainted breakfast in a long time. Ah J'Pol, if only you would cheer up....

ShockAndAwe: A lesson for JPaul: Shock did it-why can't you?
    Shock is a right-minded individual whose powers of expression continue to progress since he swore off the indiscriminate use of blunt instruments. Owns my favorite signature on this forum.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN: The personification of the origins, history, and metamorphosis of this forum. Has a pathological aversion to the serious side of things. Entertainment epitomized and packaged in a really ugly wrapper.

TIDEHSV: Parcels out his appearances with an eye toward economy of words, which encapsulate the wisdom of a Solomon. If you see his Nick, read what follows; put the pearls in your pocket and guard them closely.

OlderThanDirt: Another who rations his appearances, regretfully. Opines with all-encompassing sensibility and worldliness. If you see him, read him. 'Nuff said.

sara5564: Our resident etherealist; I don't know how she does what she does, I just enjoy basking in the light she generates.

myfiles3000: Rapidly gaining a footing, in my estimation (THERE-that should be enough to send him tumbling ). I've labelled him a provocateur, a nit-picker, and a contrarian. He is, without a shadow of doubt, all these things.
    He is also a very dogged and talented debator; ignore him at your peril.

Echidna: Is there such thing as a reasonable radical? Pushes points but somehow doesn't insist. Isn't the least deterred by merely being wrong.
    Seriously: intelligent, with the courage of his convictions-some for which he deserves to be convicted.

Hobbes: The best combination of sense and left-field (not left-wing) view I've run across here. A master of the use of the blunt object AND the epee. His oddly canted perspective always bears somehow on the subject at hand, and always finds it's way into the final "product". We don't agree on everything; we are, I believe, in lockstep on the subjects of conduct and decorum. He IS, as most here know, a favorite of mine (would you QUIT throwing SHIT in my fuckin' drink, Hobbes?).

Clocker: Would that all forum members were similarly constructed; literally, the "ideal". To clone him would result neither in sameness nor boredom, although managing the names would be a bit "chorish". Needs to be photographed for upcoming forum recruitment poster. Should, himself, be a "pinned" subject (I want my money NOW, Clocker).
    Really-we DON'T agree as much as everyone might think, but when we disagree, we know WHY, and respect each other for it.
    AND: How cool is it to "click" with someone named Clocker?

The MODS: Moderaters par excellence; administrators without peer. A GREAT group.

I must stop here; I could go on, but this is a risky thing, and my fingers are sore, AND I am hungry.

Again, hopefully I have accomplished my goal without offending; this is, as titled, intended as an appreciation of all here, and also a thanks for suffering yours truly.

P.S. With all apologies to any inadvertent omissions, of which there must be at least a few.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    *blush,blush*

Very interesting, j2.
    You did, however, leave yourself out.

J2...Ralph Kramden with a brain. Unrepentently blue collar and all the more refreshing for it. Expert lightsabre wielder and deadly opponent of the partially ravelled argument. Wear codpiece when debating him as he will go immediately for the balls whilst feigning to the right.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    WTF?

I've been transported!

Could someone please direct me back to the Lounge?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Ok j2k4, and Clocker.....

Back to its original home by your request.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@30 May 2003 - 11:24

Thanks Rat (you ole' mod, you&#33.

I love rubbing shoulders with powerful people. B)
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    WeeMouse: Likes her debate smothered in cheese; is always of good cheer, and earns kudos here for taking our thoughts to class as a means of earning good grades. She will also go far, paired as she is with young Lamsey.

seems like you've got me down to a "T"! I shall explain Lamsey's absenses tho - the only internet access he has right now is from my computer, but never fear! He is getting a broadband connection on Monday and shall be here to harass you all morning noon and night as i do!

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@30 May 2003 - 10:24

Thanks Rat.

btw j2, the shoulder rubbing may have turned him on, but it was the dinero that clinched the deal...

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@30 May 2003 - 13:54
    I have, lately, been corresponding with an old friend about this forum-he is twisted the same way I am, and I felt he might enjoy the repartee if he had the time and inclination to join...........

.............I must stop here; I could go on, but this is a risky thing, and my fingers are sore, AND I am hungry.

Again, hopefully I have accomplished my goal without offending; this is, as titled, intended as an appreciation of all here, and also a thanks for suffering yours truly.

P.S. With all apologies to any inadvertent omissions, of which there must be at least a few.
    my my j2k4 can really talk

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Well, yes indeedy he sure can.

Did you enjoy it?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    j2k4 wrote:

OlderThanDirt: Another who rations his appearances, regretfully.
    Well, some of us have jobs . In my case, I have a business AND a job (phew). But, they keep the wolves away from my door.

Opines with all-encompassing sensibility and worldliness. If you see him, read him. 'Nuff said.
    That's the polite version of, "He's an opinionated S.O.B." Thanks, hehe.

The Devil made me do that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast