Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theories

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oh.
    Gee whiz.

Sorry.

Here then...

I'd like to buy the World a Coke, and keep it companeeeeee!
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Lounge   -   #22
    crazy billy bats wrote:

i realise its no good long-term, no way.
    Well, it's all a matter of degree. My choice to quit was mine. But, I have other friends who are moderate smokers (once a week or once a month) ... and they hold down jobs, pay taxes, etc. It's just a matter of lifestyle preference.

When my kid was about 12 (he'll be 21 next month), I sat him down to give him the obligatory parental talk about drugs. And, I figured he expected me to lay down a diatribe about the evils of pot from magazines, books, and government agencies. Instead, I told him that I probably smoked more pot when I was in the Navy than most people smoke in a lifetime ... and not the namby-pamby stuff being sold now domestically. When I was in, the stuff I had access to came from Asia, ie. "Buddha sticks" (Thai sticks dipped in opium oil and dried). And, having personally visited a few opium dens in Kowloon province (north of Hong Kong), there wasn't too much difference between piping opium and smoking Buddha sticks.

Anyhoo, I told my son that most of the anti-pot ads seen on TV nowadays are full of B.S. It is absolutely untrue that pot nowadays is more potent than pot in the 60s. There are only 3 types of pot in the world ... and no one has come up with a new strain or subspecies:

Cannabis Ruderalis -- Grown mostly in Northern Europe and above the Arctic Circle. Very low THC content.

Cannabis Sativa -- Grown mostly in the US, Central America and South America. Average THC content.

Cannabis Indica -- Grown mostly in Asia. High THC content.

BUT, it is also true that, nowadays, there are more things pot can be laced with (ie., crack) that might make people think that it's the pot that's stronger (when it's something else altogether).

Anyhoo, besides the danger of not really knowing what you're buying nowadays, I told my kid that ONE ad on TV did tell a true story about pot use. It shows a kid in his upstairs bedroom, smoking pot. His mom calls up to him saying, "Joey? Billy's here. He's coming up to see you." When Billy enters the room, he sees Joey and says, "Hey, Joey, haven't seen you in a while. Whatcha been doin'?" Joey replies, "Nuthin'." Then, an announcer comes on and says, "Smoke pot! You can do nuthin', too."

I think my kid got the message. He has smoked pot before. But doesn't any more. He's a full-time manager of a Burger King restaurant in Southwest Washington state (making more than his mom but a little less than I make, hehe) ... and he spends his free time with (ahem) women. I'm assuming women are less dangerous than pot ... but that might be an incorrect assumption, hehe.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    well im choosing my women over pot

watch Half baked and he takes Mary instead of the Mary jane....

personally i get higher on other things

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Originally posted by OlderThanDirt@30 May 2003 - 15:17
    I'm assuming women are less dangerous than pot ...
    Not the ones I've been married to.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    clocker wrote:

Not the ones I've been married to.
    Ones? Plural? Then I yield to you as the authority . I've only got ONE "ex".

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by clocker+30 May 2003 - 21:34--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 30 May 2003 - 21:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OlderThanDirt@30 May 2003 - 15:17
    I&#39;m assuming women are less dangerous than pot ...
    Not the ones I&#39;ve been married to. [/b][/quote]
    Hear Hear.....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Well, before it gets totally lost in the backwash, I wanted to re-post those "Catholic conspiracy theory" RealVideo file URLs:

http://novelhost.net/cath-hi.ram -- RealVideo for broadband users

http://novelhost.net/cath-lo.ram -- RealVideo for 56k modem users

Some people really believed this crap back in 1960 (and earlier). And, I suspect there may still be a few people who believe it now.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by OlderThanDirt@30 May 2003 - 15:41

Ones? Plural? Then I yield to you as the authority . I&#39;ve only got ONE "ex".
    Yes.
    For a while I was a collector.

I have two.

Then I discovered that self-flagellation and simply burning cash satisfied the same urges.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    clocker wrote:

Then I discovered that self-flagellation and simply burning cash satisfied the same urges.
    I guess I have a lot to be thankful for. First, I&#39;m one of those 10-percenters (true fact -- only 1 of 10 divorces are filed for by men against women, the other 9 by women against men). Secondly, my ex made two mistakes -- (1) listening to advice of well-meaning girlfriends, and (2) not divulging her tactics to her lawyer. She never admitted it but her tactic sounds "girlfriend-inspired." We lived in a community property state. So, from the time I filed until hearing time, she charged all her credit-cards and lines-of-credit up to their maxes ... certain I&#39;d be held responsible for half the debt. Unfortunately, in Washington state, this tactic is referred to colloquially as "sandbagging" -- or, in legal terminology, an attempt to fool the judge into making an unfair distribution of debt responsibility. She and her lawyer refused to reciprocate when my lawyer submitted a list of debts. So, the judge ordered them to reciprocate and gave them a deadline. When the deadline passed, the judge ordered up a copy of her credit report. And, when the trial came, he gave a copy to my lawyer and one to my ex&#39;s lawyer (whose jaw dropped to the floor when she first saw it). She&#39;d charged up more in 6 months than she earns in her job in a YEAR&#33;

Bottom line? The judge found her in contempt of court. He also found her lawyer in contempt of court (a whole different matter ... getting caught lying about a reason for rescheduling the trial -- which the judge clearly saw as a stall-tactic). The divorce decree was exactly what I&#39;d asked for. My assets are mine, her assets are hers ... and my debts are mine and her debts are hers. Hehehe, just before the judge banged the gavel, my ex&#39;s attorney said, "Your honor, won&#39;t there be any provision for spousal support?" The judge ignored the lawyer, looked directly at my ex, and (while paging through the credit report) said, "Ma&#39;am, given the level of debt I see in front of me and the manner in which it was accrued, I&#39;d never have awarded you spousal support." BANG went the gavel ... after he reminded my ex and her attorney that this decree was non-modifiable. My attorney leaned over to me and whispered, "Slam dunk." Hehe.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    During one of my first trips into Europe, I got talking to a old guy in a bar in Belgium. we got on to the subject of women and he said

"Women, Snakes with tits the lot of them"

At the time I was thinking, thats a bit Harsh, but as the years have come and gone I&#39;ve begun to see were he was coming from....

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast